The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Can passion make you money?

S

SkinnerW

This story happened just few days go and it's real...

15-years old Canadian hockey fan created a website out of frustration with his team highest paid player.
This Super Star was making one error after another that lead his team to losses.

So kid registered a domain name something like "ThisGuySucks.com" (I don't remember exact name). After a while I guess he got feed up with the site and tried to sell it for $50. No one would take it...

After another blender from the Hockey Star some newspaper reporter was looking for the stuff to write about and found kid's website....

Few days later kid's photo and his website was featured on the front page of main Toronto newspaper which gets millions of readers.

I guess the website is worth little more than $50 now, don't you think? :biggrin:

Congratulations OldWelshGuy!! Coincidentally I'm a young welsh guy and was thinking about starting a rugby blog. Small world eh?

As far as passion goes I think that if you don't at least have a passing interest in your subject you will find it hard to motivate yourself to make money. But maybe your passion is just the act of acquiring money in which what you actually do to get it takes a back seat? Hmmm...

Nice offer, are you going to accept?

No I turned the offer down a while ago. The site is not for making money it is my hobby site (although for the period covering the Rugby world cup we had almost 3 million page impressions) :D

Any money that comes in goes back out to kids rugby or to improve the forum. We now have a prediction league running where members compete weekly to predict the scores over 10 matches. Lots of other improvements as well.

The forum oddly enough is respected by the BBC, in fact they link to us, and we were invited on to the BBC ScrumV programme YouTube - ScumV on Scrum V I am to the left of the guy asking the question. Note our scumV rugby shirts which we wear with pride :D

MI
Back