The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

can i start affiliate blog on Low budget?

customy

affiliate
I wish i can start my affiliate blog, i love gaming niche so much but i feel like it will take huge amount of work and i'm kinda have less finance right now.. any suggestion how to start with minimum budget?

can i start affiliate blog on Low budget?
You can start an affiliate site for free!

Saying "low budget" is relative. Perhaps, for you a low budget would be <$100 as for other people might be <$500 and so on.

But, if we assume by the low budget you mean less than $100 I would still say yes!

Why?

Well, let´s break down the numbers.

DOMAIN
There are plenty of domain registries running promotions all the time or from where you can buy a .com domain for like $6-$8.

My top choices would be...
  • Porkbun
  • Namesilo
I´ve purchased a domain from them in the past and their rates, as well as their service, is top-notch!

HOSTING

I would definitely go with NameCheap Stellar Business Plan. It´s less than $50 per year and you get a Cloud-based hosting with Cpanel access where you can host unlimited sites on.

I am currently using it and have 3 sites hosted there and my biggest site has just over 50 articles, with lots of visual elements on each of them and it loads under 2 seconds.

Obviously, it also helps I am always on top of my On-Page needs while running one of the best, lightweight and fastest loading themes on the market right now (Astra Pro).

Another great option on the <$50 budget is SiteGround and, perhaps a much better option than Namecheap. The problem with SiteGround are their renewal prices (Around the $200 mark).

So, if you decide to go with SiteGround be ready to migrate to a different hosting 1 year from now.

Why NOT stick with SiteGround after 1 year?

There are better options out there for $200 a year. Like WPX Hosting and Kinsta.

THEME

There are my top choices when it comes to themes...
  1. Astra Pro
  2. OceanWP
  3. GeneratePress
  4. Genesis Framework
  5. Neve
You can´t really go wrong with any of these themes. So, stop wasting time browsing through hundreds of themes and just pick one from the list. Personally, I LOVE ASTRA!

PLUGINS

• Security - Wordfence Security
  • SEO - RankMath (It has the best options and features as Yoast and is 100% FREE! Also, it has built-in integration with Elementor so, you can optimize your content while on Elementor.)
  • Page Builder - Elementor + Elementor Pro (Duh, right?)
  • Mask Affiliate links - Pretty Links
  • Lead capture - Gravity Form
  • Social Sharing - Social Warfare
  • Analytics - MonsterInsights (Best and most popular Google Analytics plugin for WP)
  • Image Optimization - ShortPixel (You can also try TinyPNG and compressor.oi off WP)
  • Site Performance - WP Rocket (And this is not even close)
CONTENT
Here, it´s when things start to get interesting. If you´re not a writer nor have the budget to hire writers then I have a couple of FREE or low-cost options for you.
  • Scrape articles from expire domains and rewrite them.
  • Download YouTube videos subtitles and rewrite them
  • Translate top-ranking articles for any given keyword into English and rewrite them.
There are many other free and low-cost options to generate content but I will keep them to myself (for now).

TRAFFIC
There are 4 main free traffic sources you can leverage.
  • SEO / Organic - If you purchased a brand new domain, I would strongly suggest to heavily focus on informational articles for now and wait till your site gets some organic visitors before publishing commercial based-intent articles.
  • Social Media - I would focus on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for now.
  • Niche related forums
  • Q&A Platforms - I would heavily focus on Quora.
Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Well you need like 10$ per domain and you need like 5$ per month with hosting . Also about your blog start it if you like it dont get discouraged by hard work .Its very important that you have a passion amd you like about your niche .Many business online start innthis way

Saying "low budget" is relative. Perhaps, for you a low budget would be <$100 as for other people might be <$500 and so on.

But, if we assume by the low budget you mean less than $100 I would still say yes!

Why?

DOMAIN
There are plenty of domain registries running promotions all the time or from where you can buy a .com domain for like $6-$8.

• Porkbun
  • Namesilo
I´ve purchased a domain from them in the past and their rates, as well as their service, is top-notch!

HOSTING

I would definitely go with NameCheap Stellar Business Plan. It´s less than $50 per year and you get a Cloud-based hosting with Cpanel access where you can host unlimited sites on.

I am currently using it and have 3 sites hosted there and my biggest site has just over 50 articles, with lots of visual elements on each of them and it loads under 2 seconds.

Obviously, it also helps I am always on top of my On-Page needs while running one of the best, lightweight and fastest loading themes on the market right now (Astra Pro).

Another great option on the <$50 budget is SiteGround and, perhaps a much better option than Namecheap. The problem with SiteGround are their renewal prices (Around the $200 mark).

So, if you decide to go with SiteGround be ready to migrate to a different hosting 1 year from now.

There are better options out there for $200 a year. Like WPX Hosting and Kinsta.

THEME

1. Astra Pro
  2. OceanWP
  3. GeneratePress
  4. Genesis Framework
  5. Neve
You can´t really go wrong with any of these themes. So, stop wasting time browsing through hundreds of themes and just pick one from the list. Personally, I LOVE ASTRA!

PLUGINS

• SEO - RankMath (It has the best options and features as Yoast and is 100% FREE! Also, it has built-in integration with Elementor so, you can optimize your content while on Elementor.)
  • Analytics - MonsterInsights (Best and most popular Google Analytics plugin for WP)
  • Image Optimization - ShortPixel (You can also try TinyPNG and compressor.oi off WP)
CONTENT
Here, it´s when things start to get interesting. If you´re not a writer nor have the budget to hire writers then I have a couple of FREE or low-cost options for you.
  • Translate top-ranking articles for any given keyword into English and rewrite them.
There are many other free and low-cost options to generate content but I will keep them to myself (for now).

TRAFFIC
  • SEO / Organic - If you purchased a brand new domain, I would strongly suggest to heavily focus on informational articles for now and wait till your site gets some organic visitors before publishing commercial based-intent articles.
  • Niche related forums
Hope this helps,

Cheers!
Thanks buddy, You answered almost my all queries!!

Yes you can and last poster already clearly explained this all entirely and clearly, but main thing would be probably if you start to make it it will take time, like several months to show some slow results for such matters absolutely and possibly.

I would go with clever social media and simple landing pages right now if you are looking to make any money this year. There are a zillion blogs --what makes yours so special? Unless, you plan to buy massive traffic to your blog --you did say 'low budget' ...

If you want to start with affiliate marketing and don't want to invest too much money, then I think starting your own blog is the best way to do it. As the others already mentioned, it is really cheap to get a domain name and to find a host service for your website.

The rest is up to you. You can do the rest for free, but there is always the option to outsource things like website making and article writing.

But I would recommend doing it all by your own so you learn to understand what it takes to do all of this.

If you want to start with affiliate marketing and don't want to invest too much money, then I think starting your own blog is the best way to do it. As the others already mentioned, it is really cheap to get a domain name and to find a host service for your website.

The rest is up to you. You can do the rest for free, but there is always the option to outsource things like website making and article writing.

But I would recommend doing it all by your own so you learn to understand what it takes to do all of this.

Thanks, Your idea is good.

Why?

DOMAIN

• Porkbun
  • Namesilo

HOSTING

THEME

1. Astra Pro
  2. OceanWP
  3. GeneratePress
  4. Genesis Framework
  5. Neve

PLUGINS

CONTENT

TRAFFIC
  • Niche related forums
Hope this helps,

Cheers!
This is a great guide! Basically, the smaller the budget, the more work you'll have to put in. But yes, it can be done if you dedicate your time to it.

banners
Back