The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Can anybody here help me to choose an antivirus program?

There are numerous free and paid antivirus options. Just Google it.

Top choices for free AV:

Windows Security Essentials
Avira
Avast
AVG

Commercial:

Norton
McAfee
etc.
etc.

Every thing in the world has some negatives and positives, however, I guess the best antivirus is Kaspersky, because it even discover any disorder in your system away from the viruses, the main problem of Kaspersky, is that it is very large in size, and require alot of RAM capacity.

AVG is the one of an best anti virus software with number of features available to keep your PC protected. AVG offers a great solution for the Virus Problem.

I would highly recommend AVG. I've been using AVG for years and I've never had a problem. I also recommend using an additional adware system along with it.

Although a lot of people swear by Norton and McAfee, but I will never use them. Not only are you paying for less security, but there are several boot and trojan viruses that can easily get past Norton and McAfee because the virus masks itself as part of the anti-virus itself. I have also been told by many people that when Norton is updated, sometimes it will identify friendly programs as trojans and automatically delete them, often leading to a huge loss of important information.

AVG, avast, and Avira are my top three choices by far. Its just very important to remember to run full-system scans often and not to rely too much on the automatic scheduled scans. Not a lot of people realize this, but if your computer is off it will not run the scan. I recommend scheduling weekly scans, and run scans manually a few times a week just to be safe. It only takes a little while and it can save your computer and identity.

I would also suggest you AVG, not just it is a free software but also it is a good one!

I have tried other anti-virus softwares as well but I did not like them. Cannot call them right now because it already was some time before when I did improvise, but now I have stayed at AVG! I was advices it by programmer that I know very well and I trust on her advices!

Btw nobody uses ESET NOD32? I think it's way better the Norton. (had some virus issues a few years ago and Norton couldn't do a thing about it..)

Glary Utilities is a system utilitiies suite (temp files, optimize registry, etc.), not an anti-malware program.

I just double checked. The freeware program does not include anti-malware but the Pro version does.

great information about running scans and what programs to use! I have had issues in the past with various programs that have let viruses slip through the cracks so-to-speak ... I never thought about doing regular scans, I always relied on the ones performed by the program I was using at the time ... I am always a little freaked out about getting a virus on my computer and this information is very helpful to hopefully prevent that

We've been using Barracudanetwork's Virus/spam firewall and its proven itself over the last few years. I believe they also offer antivirus programs.

MI
Back