The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Calling or Texting

I really prefer calling but calling to someone is quite an expensive on my part so I just text rather than to call. I am using prepaid so it's a big load for me if I call so I just text to someone I wanted to contact.

I like calling, because you can really tell what someone is feeling as you hear their voice, and they hear yours. You can gauge reactions, feel when a conversation is going a certain way, and sometimes be more open and spontaneous than you would ironing out a thought out text, or backing out of a comment by deleting the message you were writing at the last moment.

Texting is fine if you're looking to do just that; send a message for them to read later on where it doesn't matter if they get it now, or hours from now.

I don't know why but I am USELESS on the phone. I've got close friends who I have known for years and they are lucky to even get a 10 second call out of me, I just can't understand it. It would obviously affect my dating attempts because women would think it was weird I would insist on texting only. :)

Depends upon who am communicating with, what its regarding and the urgency of the matter. The mood am in would probably override all those factors though.

I prefer texting if it's something simple like "meet me at 9" or "I have to go". If it's something else like a full-blown conversation, I would rather save the money from texting since I don't have unlimited texting, and call them instead. They usually last 2-3 minutes, so in text, it would cost a bit.

I really prefer calling because I pay as much for calling as for texting, and calling it's much easier to do and you don't have to wait for an answer and send another message. Overall it cheaper and more practical for me to call.

I get really nervous on the phone, so texting for me hands down. I don't know what it is I don't like about phonecalls - I think it's maybe because I don't have time to plan a response so I mangle my words, and then because I can't see the other person, I can't tell what their reaction is.

I used to text a lot when I was a kid and now I got over it. I rarely use my phone now and when I do, I use call instead of text. One main reason is that I am too lazy to text. I type so slow because I haven't used phones as much as the next guy.

Another thing. I prefer if other people would just call instead of text. I hate hanging out with people who spends half the time looking at their phone. When they could finish that conversation in one go if only they just call the person.

I prefer texting if it's just a casual conversation, that way I can multitask, and calling if it's something detrimental.

It will all depends really. If its a business deal, it would have to be calling because I really need to make that sales and I want the person on the phone to know who I am and what my business is all about or if it's about a career call, then it would have to be a call. I would not text in any career calls, business calls or anything that is important because there is no many misunderstanding with messages. I would love to text to a new guy I just met cause I'm kind of shy and don't know how to act on the phone just yet. many guys prefer texts cause they are not good at talking. If its just friends or family, and it's casual and easy to get then I would like to text.

I prefer texting if it's just a casual conversation, that way I can multitask, and calling if it's something detrimental.

I agree. For me, texting is just more convenient. Usually with texts I'm able to easily keep track of multiple conversations at once. But with calls, only one is able to go one at once (unless I'm using an internet VOIP like Skype).

I prefer texting. I'm not really a phone person, so texting allows me to stay in contact with people without having to be on the phone for long periods of time. However, although I usually prefer texting, there are always sometimes when a phone call is necessary. Also I find that sometimes people misunderstand you over text which is less likely on an actually phone call.

I agree. For me, texting is just more convenient. Usually with texts I'm able to easily keep track of multiple conversations at once. But with calls, only one is able to go one at once (unless I'm using an internet VOIP like Skype).

See, I like Skype as well, because usually I can multitask when using that too.

I text if it's a quick sentence or answer.
If the conversation takes longer than 30 seconds, the calling is preferred, not only is it quicker, it's more personal, the other person will appreciate it.

I prefer texting over calling.
Mainly because I like to keep constant contact with my friends and my boyfriend without having to call them every 5 minutes.
and it gives me something to do when there is nothing else to do.

I prefer texting. If someone calls me, it's usually business related or some sort of news that is inappropriate to share via text.

I prefer texting. I think I have become a socially awkward penguin and just can't stand those long awkward silences during a call. Texing also feels much more natural to me and has even improved my grammar!

banners
Back