The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Calculating Dynamic CPC

TheDane

affiliate
Hi There,

some traffic sources provide a token for the actual click price you paid for the visitor.

Which tracking platforms can use this and calculate the traffic cost based on the dynamic topen instead of just a set max CPC which makes it hard to see how individual sites etc. are performing.

I am pretty sure Voluum does it, but I have tried their tracker twice now and dumped them twice... And dont wanna go back :)

I recently bought CPVlab thinking it should be able to, but alas it does not and they have new updates like once a millennium, so I am not holding my breath on that one as its only a couple of years since their last update LOL.

Any ideas?

Hi Tom,

Yeah that looks nice, but I had a hrd look at all continuation programs some time last year when I realized it had crept up to over $1000 a month. So unless I can buy something outright I am not going for it.

$1200 + my own server per year for tracking is a bit too rich for me.

I was using your pof tracker at one point and loved it, but it also didn't make the cut when I killed most my continuation programs.

I am sure the product here is top class too. But Alas no continuation programs for me :)

Hi there, thanks for the feedback and insight.

May I ask for additional feedback, how much per month in fixed cost were you planning to budget to invest in your business?

As mentioned I am not interested in adding more fixed per month costs.

I want an outright buy for anything I acquire for my business. This is done like for example cpvlab where you buy the software and then if you want to receive updates you can pay a fee once a year - or if you are happy with the current version - then don't pay for upgrades.

Especially something like a tracker where if I don't keep up my payments I lose the data I already paid for in testing / running campaigns.

Hi There,

some traffic sources provide a token for the actual click price you paid for the visitor.

Which tracking platforms can use this and calculate the traffic cost based on the dynamic topen instead of just a set max CPC which makes it hard to see how individual sites etc. are performing.

I am pretty sure Voluum does it, but I have tried their tracker twice now and dumped them twice... And dont wanna go back :)

I recently bought CPVlab thinking it should be able to, but alas it does not and they have new updates like once a millennium, so I am not holding my breath on that one as its only a couple of years since their last update LOL.

Any ideas?

In Prosper202 Pro, you just need to add &t202b=[[token-here]] and it will dynamically adjust the bid based on what's passed in. We also have a way to turn this feature on and off in the setting menu just in case you have a situation where people are passing false bid data into your ClickServer to mess up your numbers.

As of October 5th The Prosper202 Pro ClickServer is 100% free to download and use. However if you need direct 1 on 1 support, that's an optional paid service.

Awesome thanks, I even did a new installation of 202 and poked around but didnt find this so abandoned it again.

I will definitely go back and have a look now.

TrackingDesk does what you need and so much more;)
Beside the fact that the traffic source you plan to use is probably predefined in our platform (currently over 40) and therefore cost is already passing automatically, you can also define your own traffic source and associate ther "bid" parameter to our "cost" alias so your campaign cost is calculated in real time.

Regarding keeping track of invoices and paiements this is something that will be available through the platform so you will know exactly how much and when you paid and for what. That's the best we can do in term of accounting.

You can try out the platform for free as we are still in beta and see how it works for you.

In term of pricing, we have a very friendly pricing policy and we can discuss this in private if you wish.

Best
Laurent

MI
Back