Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

BuySellAds!

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
Ok so I want to give BSA another chance, anyone making money from them and any tips? I'll create a case study when I try btw!

No exact tips for BSA but for any one who is new to working with such methods be sure to do your research. Don't just purchase advertising because the site has "loads of impressions", use the standard methods and tools to check the audience and demographics (Quantcast, Compete, Adplanner etc).

In terms of pricing structure on BSA, does anyone else agree that a fixed price would be the way to go? Especially initially as the last thing you want to do is blow your hard earned $ paying CPM when the ad isn't performing. By fixing your cost at the start you are able to carry out required calculations and take a 'calculated risk' based on a worst case scenario.

Would be intrigued to hear the thoughts of someone who has experience with BSA of course as I certainly don't ;)

I've only bought a handful of ads there, hit and miss really. The thing is that site owners set their prices, and some overvalue their sites inventory by A LOT.

If you buy one month worth of inventroy be sure to check if the ad will rotate with other ads or not.

Also, look at how many other ads are on the site and if your ad will be placed above or below the fold.

Above or below the fold should be self explanatory - ads above the fold get way more exposure.

As for how many other ads are on the site - I've seen some ads spots that appear very cheap, until you realize it is one of 8 or 16 125x125 ads that are below the fold. I doubt anyone would even look at the ad.

Or, there are also sites that appear to offer just one or two ad spots, but they offer only 1 or 2 spots through BSA but their sites are packed with various ads sold directly or trough other companies.

Bottom line - make sure you know exactly where your add will be placed and how many other ads are on the site.

Also listen to what Andy suggested ;).

banners
Back