The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Building Customer Personas

moneydrop2021

My prospective client wants to build customer personas for his new business, but he wants them to be determined by something other than intuition. He said intuition is Ok, but he wants to concrete data, such as the percentage of specific demographics and geos that visit similar websites like his business. He doesn't have any data, such as from google analytics, since he is building up the business from ground zero. I told him Semrush and Similarweb could give a "rough estimation" of the demographics and geos to build his customer personas. Are there websites that sell accurate data to make this type of decision? I told him to do a face-to-face survey with at least 100 people, but he said it was too expensive.

You will not be able to buy other peoples data from anyone reputable.

I have sources of aggregate data for the us --income and zip code. The sources are raw data published by the government in the public domain. What business is he in?

Who may buy what personas are very subjective. There are other ways to test a segment's affinity for what you are doing by investing in advertising and carefully following the user interaction with a brand or website. But hey; It costs money.

You will not be able to buy other peoples data from anyone reputable.

I have sources of aggregate data for the us --income and zip code. The sources are raw data published by the government in the public domain. What business is he in?

Who may buy what personas are very subjective. There are other ways to test a segment's affinity for what you are doing by investing in advertising and carefully following the user interaction with a brand or website. But hey; It costs money.
He wants to sell coffee directly to the consumers. I also suggested that he should build a coffee website. From that point, he can sell the products and then gather data simultaneously through Facebook/Google Analytics. I told him he should set aside at least $4000/month to advertise online to US consumers. BTW, where can I get the raw data from the US government? Is that BEA: Data Tools

this?

interesting coincidence the internet is a pirate ship

1687273231140.png

hmmm ... Video roll out ads are costly however ... anyone using them successfully? Feel free to chime in ...

Last edited:
IRS too aggregated by zip code 1040 tax returns
Census.gov has a lot of drill down data there

Coffee beans/blends: That is a specialty online retail niche
You are competing with everybody --but Starbuck's makes bank selling coffee in bags. So ... probably viable.

The sell cans of corn too --but that is a commoditized product. So is coffee pretty much ...

MI
Back