The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Building a website

7FiguresGuy

Hi guys..

Im not started yet to be a affiliate marketer,im reading a lot of forum and blog since im here..

i have 3 questions here;

1.if we register for any affiliate program,do we get a complete website or we have build it by ourself?Complete websites means, once you sign up,ur will get this url :wwww.YourUrl.com/7figuresguy, then you just go to godaddy to buy a domain, then just redirect to your affiliate landing page?

2. Do i need to learn about HTML,CSS and other web programming in order to succeed in this industry?because im not so good about this thing:D.

3.Just now,i find this website,Affiliate Marketing & Programs Training. What is your opinion about this course?

Many thankss..
7FiguresGuy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

If you read all the stickies in the newbie forum many of your questions will be answered in more detail - but here are some short anwsers.

1) Some do, but it's not the best way to go.

2) Ultimately yes you want to learn to build your own sites. But the easiest way to start without building a site is to use Blogger, HubPages or Squidoo.

This thread (one of theimportant stickies) has more info
<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/3826-1st-affiliate-website-where-get-how-build.html">1st Affiliate Website? Where to get it? How to build it?</a>

3) Yes Affiliate Classroom is good and a trusted source for training. The owner is a friend of mine. Not sure if it's the best for you as everyone is different and each training program appeals to different people. The other one people tend to like is WealthyAffiliate.com - The Wealthy Affiliate University

Or, you could use NVU to build your 1st site. That's how I learned how to build websites. It's really easy because you can just watch what you're doing while you do it. In other words, it's a What You See Is What You Get website builder.

You could get a free template by Googling "free html templates" or "free CSS templates" and then go from there. It sounds a lot scarier than it really is.

But, as for what Linda said, creating a blog or a squidoo page is a lot easier and it's much easier to get in the search engines. But if you can start learning how to build your website in the meantime and then learn how to tie them all together, you'll be way ahead of the game.

Sheree

7FiguresGuy, in addition to NVU that marketingmama suggested, there are several others you may also want to consider. Many of them are free. It would be a big help if you do eventually learn how to build your sites yourself.

Here is a link to a thread that gives will tell you about several choices of 5 Star members that you may want to consider http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...-universe/3615-your-favorite-html-editor.html

I built my website using Joomla. I like it so far and it is free. You can download many free templates to use. The editor is embeded in admin area. Joomla also provides its own forum. Many questions are being answered there.

There are definitely many options to look at

Google's Site Builder
But this one doesn't offer very much in the way of html and is pretty basic

Other than that, you probably want to pick up something like joomla or drupal that give you massive flexibility without having to build your entire site from scratch.

Good Luck!

Be careful though

Don't be fooled by the glitz and glamor of some website telling you that you will be making zillions of dollars tomorrow (I'm exaggerating of course) don't get caught up in the hype that's out there and drop a bunch of money on a product that appears great. There is NO SUBSTITUTE for hard work, diligence in learning and making tons of mistakes. That is the real gold in becoming successful in any endeavor.

I agree with Marketing mama, blogging is a good way to start to learn some of the in's and out's.

Much luck to you!

I also agree this KenDoIt - blog is the way forward. I have some website skills. But I use wordpress for my blog. Its free and there is alot of free templates out there and plugins to help you.

MI
Back