The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Building 1st Site - Help Advice Needed! PLEASE!

King Conga

Can anyone review my site. Just click on the link in my signature area. It's VERY new, and I don't have any ads on it...YET! But what I want to sell is e-books about playing drums, bass, using pro audio, stage lighting, etc. ALL within the context of creating a conducive atmosphere for great worship. I'm also going to sell my own original Christian songs, as well as use some of my own worship team's mp3's to illustrate different techniques of how to play and worship together. I'll probably post a new blog once a week.

Tanx Everyone,
KC :D

Hi KC,

Just took a quick peak. I don't do site reviews often and not going to do it now. But I do think you picked a GREAT niche for you! Sounds like it's a passion of yours and you know lots about it. I like your writing style, fun and interesting yet informative. You also knowingly or not picked a niche WITHIN a niche - which is a great way to get started. If you picked the general category of music or musicians it would be so competitive you'd likely never be seen. Christian music is still pretty competive but MUCH easier to target your market and build some traffic. Joining some Christian music forums and social networks with a good KW sig could get you going.

You really should get a domain and pay for hosting though. Go with Yahoo and get a free domain and low cost hosting then add Wordpress for free.

May I suggest a great affiliate program for you? www.zzounds.com sells sound gear and you could make an occasional BIG sale in addition to all the little ebook sales.

Tanx!

Tanx for the positive feedback Linda. It is a great passion of mine, and I not only know quite a bit about it myself, but I will have a number of guests writers that will be at least as knowledgeable as myself at various levels.

I'll look into Yahoo! I've just been trying to find 2 nickles to rub together, and since I didn't have a clue what I was doing it wasn't costing me anything. Once I get a little more acclamated I certainly will.

Tanx Again,

Should have suggest this too...

While you are getting 3 nickels to run together a FREE solution that would be
MUCH better than what you have is Blogger. Then it would be on a professional platform, with lots of great templates that would look better and take care of all the design work for you. Then once you get going and want to get your own host, you can still use blogger to publish (since you will be used to it) and then just FTP your blog to your own host so you when you drive traffic and get inbound links you are getting them for YOUR site, not Googles blogger site.

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!

Best way to go for you right now! Pick a template and GO!
Add the content you've already written.

Is This A Good Strategy?

On my 2nd blog entry I began with a quote from a book I've been reading that I based the rest of my blog entry on. I've got several questions regarding my strategy/logic. My strategy was to maybe create a link for several reasons:

1.) If the book is being sold at Amazon.com, and if I'm an affiliate there, I could get clicks and maybe other commish from those clicks. Am I correct? Also, what legalities to I need to follow thru with?

2.) I'm looking to get A LOT of search engine clicks because I mentioned the author of the book, of course, who is a VERY well-known Christian music artist.

I know I don't have either the affiliations set up, or links, or SE keywords, but I'm trying to use this free site as a demo to get my feet wet, and learn some of the basics.

Next. As far as my webpage structure my 2nd entry is on the same page as my 1st entry. I need to know if I should post the 2nd on a different page, and if I do how is that going to affect my webpage acct? That may not be the right way to phrase it, but I wasn't sure how to. I guess more directly, how should I structure/organize my weekly blog entries, and how long should I leave them up before I start archiving them? Then where shall I archive them?

Tanx,
KC :confused:

Is this a good strategy?

Teli,

I searched diligently for the proper forum to post this on, so if I'm in error pls accept my apology, and let me know. I actually posted variations of this on the Site Review and somewhere else I can't recall right now. But I wanted to address this particular issue in detail, and this looked like the right place.

On my 2nd blog entry I began with a quote from a book I've been reading that I based the rest of my blog entry on. I've got several questions regarding my strategy/logic. My strategy was to maybe create a link for several reasons, but for this particular forum my issue was the following.

I'm looking to get A LOT of search engine clicks by mentioning the author of the book, of course, who is a VERY well-known Christian music artist.

I know I don't have either the affiliations set up, or links, or SE keywords, but I'm trying to use this free site as a demo to get my feet wet, and learn some of the basics.

Tanx,
KC

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
KC Linda merged this post you made in Telis forum as it still fits within this one.

"I need to know if I should post the 2nd on a different page, and if I do how is that going to affect my webpage acct? That may not be the right way to phrase it, but I wasn't sure how to. I guess more directly, how should I structure/organize my weekly blog entries, and how long should I leave them up before I start archiving them? Then where shall I archive them?"

THAT's one of the main reasons to move to BLOGGER now! It will take care of ALL that for you! Each blog should be a new blog on it's own page so your keywords in your title get picked up. But them blogger will also put 10-20 entries on the front page in chron order, PLUS list them by category. So if you had categoreis like drums, guitars, etc. when you write the post you tell it which categories the post should be in. So you have all recent entries on home for visitors to scan, by category if they are lookng for something special and by individual page so they get picked up by SE based on title and content of the one page.

Check my blog - I write one entry and it automatically does everything for me. Thats one reason SE like blogs so much.

Thanks Linda. Where is BLOGGER? I was assuming that it was incl. in the Yahoo! pkg you were recommending yesterday, but I don't see it there. Also, re: the Yahoo! pkg. (you're gonna scream when I say this) I didn't see any templates that I liked. They say 384, but really you have to divide that by 4 because they're just different colors. I guess I could create 1 from scratch with the tools they offer, but I REALLY loved the 1 I have right now. What do you suggest Oh Great WebMISTRESS?

BTW, while I've got your ears and eyeballs, I've got a "chicken or egg" question. If I don't really have anything to sell yet, do I have any reason to get my affiliations, and if I should, which ones do you suggest. I AM definitely planning on zZounds, and Musician's Friend, but can I just put their ads on my site and just hope people go there? Is it that simple?

SeeYa,
KC

Thanks Larry, was just coming to post that.

Based on what you've told me, I would forget about Yahoo right now.
Start with Blogger. Build up some traffic. You can use Adsense on Blogger to ry to make a little money.

Then once you have things working and know you will stick with it, get Yahoo hosting with free domain. Then work on getting some back links. Get listed in Alexa. Start getting some SE rankings. THEN join some affiliate programs.

You could try to join affiliate programs sooner but some won't approve you unless you have your own site on your own domain. Some won't approve you either unless you have some traffic and some PR.

One tidbit about your current site. Use a smaller font, the BIG letters with bright colors sreams newbie. Thats another good thing about Blogger. The designs and fonts look good. They only have around 30 templates I think but you can customize and lots of other sites offer other creative blogger templates.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Moving this to newbie forum as it has lots of good tips for getting started.
Changing subject line to be more descriptive to help others find it.

KC Linda merged post #6 you made above in Telis forum into this main thread as it still fits within this one.

You say you are going to ask a question in #6 but don't think you ever got to the question.

One important thing to keep in mind is that the title tag is most important. So if you are trying to get ranked for the authors name it need to be in the title of your blog and then repeated a couple times in the content. If you add a <strong>tag</strong> on his name it will give it a little more weight.

Looks like all your text is bold. Along with being smaller the font should not be bold. Save bold (or strong) for text you want to stand out.

I can work with that. I'm working on my 1st e-book right now called "When You're NOT the Beatles", but I'll get to work on what you said.

Tanx Again,

banners
Back