The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Browser Push v. Email

Graybeard

• What is working best for you now?
  • Do you have a website to send the browser push messages from?

Buying random ads that are browser push is something totally different -- that is a new type of pop-up that is hard to block (but you can manually).

Here is what I am thinking: Sending email is a hassle these days for MANY reasons (I think we all know them). However, if a user allows you permission to send him your website (marketing) messages then you have a genuine interest -- until that user feels you are abusing that privilege. He can unsubscribe in his browser's interface but it does require a knowledge of how to do so.

I am going to be using a gaming strategy with a e-commerce website. Gamification is the term. The customer needs to be alerted as to the time remaining to act as well as new offers.

I am assuming many emails may end up wasted as junk box -- so there is no visual or audio alert.

I think it is preferable to use both methods. However, I also don't think that sending email is a hassle because you can implement automated email sending. That way you do not have to do anything. You just sit down, and your whole email is scheduled while you are away at holiday or at another work.

But applying both ways is a way to ensure that the visitor has less chance of missing your notifications.:)

You miss the point -- what will be less intrusive or offensive to the customer/prospect?
People need to think less about their own marketing needs and more of the communication's acceptability to the customer/prospect.

I am now repulsed by many of these mindless popover email optins ads and nagging push notifications requests that are just *in your face mindless marketing* A good part of the time. n!nnn <<<one finger salute then I just close that website -- often never to return -- who won? No one won ...
Thanks for bumping this old thread as I need to revise my initial thinking on (or, structuring of) of this tactic.
:)

MI
Back