Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other dial up

• Mind Power

• Total voters

temi

affiliate
High-speed net connections in the UK are proving more popular than ever.
BT reports that more people signed up for broadband in the last three months than in any other quarter.

The 600,000 connections take the total number of people in the UK signing up for broadband from BT to almost 3.3 million. Nationally more than 5 million browse the net via broadband.

Source & full story: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3981513.stm

Old Welsh Guy said:
Temi, I am in the middle of setting up a satellite broadband company :) I will do you a deal :lol:

I live and work in a village OWG,
Too sparsely populated, BT said not to even dream of Broadband, we are several thousands short of the minimum required to trigger our local exchange upgrade. I am confined to 64k BT Home Highway, I wish I still live in London or at least a town with Broadband.
Anyway when you Satellite broadband start, I will be one of your first customers provided I do not have to erect an ugly satellite dish on my roof :)

:)

as lame as it sounds.. i use a 56k dial-up connection but soo i will have something like this:

qualcomm.com/technology/1xev-do.html

:D broadbaaanndd.. but only for 100 hours / month at 39$ / month

I am paying £37.99 for a 4mb connection that is supposed to be a 2mb connection but has decided not to obey the limit lol. Contention ratio of 20:1 lightening fast always on, superb.

:)

lame country.. lame city i live in.. i can't wait to move to a larget city and have broadband access 24/7 or about 20$/month (nice :))

MI
Back