The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Broad Match?

jonfo

affiliate
When setting up a PPC campaign, do you stick to "Broad" match when bidding on keywords?

It's not mentioned in the Newbie 411 Guide so I assume you just use the default.

Thanks

Jon

You should get more volume with broad match but will need to make sure you add negative keywords so that your ad isn't showing up for extremely random terms. For example if you are driving traffic for 'car insurance' your ad will also show for anything with the word 'car' and 'insurance', meaning you would need to ensure it doesn't show up for 'life insurance' etc.

Otherwise if you go for something like exact match, the ad will only be returned for that exact phrase. You may find a decrease in volume but increase it CTRs, it will all depend on the vertical, bidding etc.

With any campaign I build it up using broad but I will have two different adgroups. One of them will be broad and the other exact...the exact came from the broad which are winner keywords. The broad match will also give you new keywords in your tracking set up showing you new keywords which are converting for you...then you can add them as an exact in your adgroup for that.

Hope that makes sense. I have turned campaigns into winner campaign with this method. Be organized and you will see how well you benefit.

MI
Back