The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Bounce rate of Affiliate website

Muhammad Kamran

affiliate
Hey guys ,
I am working on reviewspack. com and getting good traffic on it . But bounce rate of this site high 90. How to reduce bounce rate of affiliate website ?

Thanks

Look at what you have above the fold on the homepage. Most of it is dead space, which does not make people want to click and look at something. If you do not catch the attention of a visitor within the first 2 seconds they will leave. Same can be said with regards to showing exactly what the website does. Your site has nothing above the fold on the homepage to capture the traffic, so everyone bounces.

Fix this issue and your bounce rate will decrease.

Thanks for your reply , I will update my home page . Actually I am getting traffic from my posts. Can you visit my posts ? on the post is also bounce rate high (90) but CTR is 2.50% . Can you suggest me something to reduce bounce rate of posts ?

Thanks for your reply , I will update my home page . Actually I am getting traffic from my posts. Can you visit my posts ? on the post is also bounce rate high (90) but CTR is 2.50% . Can you suggest me something to reduce bounce rate of posts ?

Can you please send a link to your posts?

reviewspack .com is my site and you can see on this different posts . here is not allowed to post link
There's plenty of work here but...start with your header background image. Narrow it down to 30% as nobody likes to view a website by scrolling it down.

Personally, I don't pay any attention to bounce rate anymore. The below screenshot is one of my sites from the start of last year, its always been over 90% bounce rate with low on page time and its pages still bring in traffic. The site became profitable around a year ago so I am just letting it run its course now.

ANPTqzL.png

As an analogy: If you owned a drinking establishment (bar/pub) and 90% of your customers bought one drink, didn't bother to tip the bartender -- then left -- would you consider yourself a success?

I think this is the way the search engines see this and they do take your traffic sources into account when possible.

Just out of curiosity...Do you have sites ranked in search engines? Whats there bounce rate?

The bar idea is a bad way to think of it with organic traffic in my opinion. Bars are stationary in a local place with a fixed number of possible customers rather than global as websites are. They also have to restock the items they sell/go out of date where as the content on a page can be paid for one time and used for many years. Additionally, they have to pay staff.

If you want to use the bar example then it would be better to think of Google as a bus service that drop people from all over the world off at your bar every day and that you have a magical beer pump that you fill once and can pour perfectly good beer for many years to come. Rather than having staff it is a vending machine style bar where the customer pays then presses a button so no staff are required. In this case, in my opinion, you can consider yourself a success by getting a single drink sale per person.

I can't help but notice you failed to answer my questions...

If you consider yourself successful with a 90% bounce rate -- good for you.

Say someone is searching for "How long should I wait between doses of painkillers". You can have the answer spread out over two pages if you like and have a low bounce rate but I wouldn't say you are successful by any stretch. I much rather have the answer on a single page at the top and have a high bounce rate for the site. I would consider that to be successful. Although I haven't researched it, I would guess the vast majority of search terms can easily be solved on one page.

There's plenty of work here but...start with your header background image. Narrow it down to 30% as nobody likes to view a website by scrolling it down.

Bounce rates are influenced by several factors;

1. Your content is all wrong
  2. The customer cannot find the content he/she came for (navigation or general website appearance)
  3. Your traffic's source: organic, social, branded (typed in) or advertising type.

As an analogy: If you owned a drinking establishment (bar/pub) and 90% of your customers bought one drink, didn't bother to tip the bartender -- then left -- would you consider yourself a success?

I think this is the way the search engines see this and they do take your traffic sources into account when possible.

You are using a very stock parallax design template -- feature a few products near the top (above the fold) that click out to your posts. That might be an idea worth trying toward capturing a viewer's interest immediately.

Graybeard, Nov 15, 2017

Google the word 'analogy'
I have always striven to get repeat visitors.
The easiest customer to sell is the one you have already sold.

If you consider yourself successful with a 90% bounce rate -- good for you.

Graybeard, Nov 15, 2017

@Graybeard have you visited my site?

Yeah, I took a look.
Truthfully, I had to take a second look to find the links to the pages you referred to as posts.
My 'humble opinion' is that -- the index page lacks focus. People have very short attention spans especially when entering websites they are not familiar with. If they don't find what they want (or the path to it) immediately they close the page and try the next interesting SERP. Then you have a bounce.

Sorry buddy, but I think your template **index page sux for what you are trying to achieve. Your big image says nothing and detracts focus from the navigation IMO.

site:reviewspack.com <google format shows 12 results so maybe I am wrong about the index page bounces. If your SERP referrals (that is assuming we are talking about organic traffic) are to the 'post' pages then the index page is not the problem.

So, I would have to ask;
  1. What sort of traffic
  2. and to what pages
I am not going to try to make guesses.

Refine your question.

Graybeard, Nov 15, 2017

banners
Back