The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

bmw.de banned in GOogle

O

ovi

The German websites of car maker BMW (bmw.de) have been kicked out of the Google index. BMW.de at this time has a PageRank of 0. A search for BMW Germany, which only days ago yielded BMW.de as a top result, now doesn’t show any sign of BMW.de at all. Instead, BMW.com – BMW’s international site – is on top for this search.

The reason for the ban is likely to be that the BMW websites have been caught employing a technique used by black-hat search engine optimizers: doorway pages. German and international bloggers last week were quick to spread the news.

Ovi,
This reminds me of msn.co.uk homepage too, it used to be PR7 now its PR2, I wonder what is going on there

Hello

Hmmm...I am wondering what company BMW has used or what webmaster to SEO their site, for sure was a morron. I home BMW has sued them :)

Ovi

I know their name, so do many others. No one is risking saying it though LOL.

They were in fact banned for using cloaking with javascript redirects based on IP addresses

LOL, looks like big names pick idiots to market their websites :) reminds me of an link exchange request I received asking me to link to a big name dating site in exchange for a link back on a PR0 link farm

BMW is too big to be banned for long times. This was a good publicity for both companies though.

Claudiu

BMW were back in 3 days afterwards. To get back in they had to.
1. remove all the spam from their site
2. file a re-inclusion request
3. Name the company who put the spam there.

Hehe

Very nice, I am happy that this has finish well for BMW. Anyway I am happy that the comapny who put the spam has been denounce to Google.

Ovi

banners
Back