The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Blogging Revenue - Auto Affiliate Links

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Auto-Link Affiliate Links in Your Blog - Free Revenue Generating Tool

"I'd like to turn you on to a FREE "blogging for dollars" tool. For monetizing your blog it's perfect. If you have a tech blog for instance, even if you are syndicating others content you could set it up so every instance of the word computer, digital camera, iPod, etc. goes to your Buy.com affiliate link. Or the word Adsense can go to your "How to make money with Adsense" affiliate link, etc.

Too many links and examples to see so read it at the 5 Star Affiliate Blogs ?
http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/2006/01/10/auto-affiliate-links-blogs/

This is SUPER cool, so after you read about it come back to discuss it.

NOw you've gone and done it...

YOu've pushed me over the edge... I've gota get involved with blogs....

I tried to launch several with no success... my last attempt was when gas was 3 dollars plus a gallon.. I registered a "oil" domain and was going to vent about
the cost of fuel... i did get it setup... but that's all ...

guess I'll need to go work on it... not to mention some of the sites I have that are a natural for a blog... like my health sites, auto sites, and fashion sites not to mention my much neglected travel site...

I grabbed the plugin... looks very interesting... will give it a try

It's all your fault... LINDA :eek: :eek:

JOe

:D LMAO

Joe, I feel pretty proud of myself then. It's not easy to inspire "old dawgs" like us to learn new tricks. So I feel like I made a big accomplishment today. I didn't get blogs at 1st and hesitated awhile too. Now it's as much a part of my day as my mouse is. Super easy way to add content.

Oh and also I have a DYNO blog designer in the UK that set up my blog, this forum, the blog for AffiliateClassroom and my new tech splog er I mean I mean blog www.valuegeek.com (which I just screwed up on so it's pulling triplicate feeds from some gadget site.) Ooooops. His name is Podz and he's awesome. Can have your 1st Wordpress blog up in about a day so you don't need to screw around with it. Then once you learn to use it you can set up your own on the rest of your domains. He's VERY reasonable. Let me know if you want his contact info.

BTW www.valuegeek.com is a test site and the one I really wanted to use autolinks on - but still have some kinks to work out so it's still a work in progress.

OH and once you get blogs set up list them in the new blog directory I just bought at www.5starblogs.com

Are the links still active on the value geek site? I just did some perusing over there and didn't see any...

aaaah - I remember reading about this plugin. I think I may have even downloaded it to try it out, but got distracted :eek:

It looks very nice, I think it's definitely time for me to download it again and play around with it.

I just put up the new version of Auto Links, now named aLinks, for download. You can read more about it here: http://www.headzoo.com/alinks

One thing you might find interesting, is the new version uses a new module system, that makes it even easier to create affiliate links. :)

- Sean

Hey Sean,

Welcome to 5 Star. Glad you found this post about you and came to comment. Can't wait to look at the new upgrade. Just took a quick peek at the page. Will try to blog about it later this week. Thanks for linking to my blog. :)

Thank you Linda! I'll be lurking around the forums here often. Most people are using aLinks either for affiliate programs, or for various SEO techniques. So I want to stay on top of what my typical "customer" is doing. :)

- Sean

Editing my site for RSS feeds

I am failing at adding XML to my site at Veretekk.com. However, I have been able to get the javascript version to work. I am trying to get good placement regarding free leads in Google.

Question: Will the search engines pick up the javascript feed?

Al

Search engines (generally speaking) can't read javascript and given how hard it is for humans we shouldn't expect them to start doing so anytime soon.

So... no, a javascript feed won't serve any seo purpose.

Xml can be tricky but if it's RSS there are some really good free tools available such as Magpie and SimplePie [more]

banners
Back