The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Blogging Myths

Smithee

affiliate
You've probably come across some horrible blogging advice. Earlier today whilst reading some articles I found something which reminded me that there are lots of blogging myths which need to be debunked.

Here are some:

1. Short Posts Aren't Good For SEO
Length of blog posts should be determined by your objective. If for example you are writing a tutorial then the article will be long but when you are writing something that needs only a few sentences to explain then a blog posts needn't be too long. Some blog posts can be long. Others can be short. There is no ideal length.

2. Post Every Day
You won't lose readers if you don't post every day. Establish a posting schedule. Your readers will know when fresh content is uploaded and will visit the blog each time new content is posted.

3. You Need Lots of Traffic To Make Money From Your Blog
You don't. Lots of online marketers make decent cash from their blogs even though those blogs don't get much traffic. Choose a profitable niche. Use long tail keywords to draw in targeted traffic and sell products you are promoting to blog visitors.

4. There Are Too Many Blogs On The Blogosphere
It doesn't matter how many blogs there are. Your unique voice is what will draw eye balls your way.

How about a niche? will your blog gain more traffic if you stick to a particular niche? is this a Myth? I read articles that even if a niche is not popular as long as you write good posts people will read it since it will be on Google page one, Do you agree on this?

How about a niche? will your blog gain more traffic if you stick to a particular niche? is this a Myth? I read articles that even if a niche is not popular as long as you write good posts people will read it since it will be on Google page one, Do you agree on this?

It's no myth. Odds are the less popular the niche the higher the blogger's chances of success.

There's no guarantee though that your blog will be on Google page #1 unless it's the only blog in that micro-niche. But since you won't have too many competitors there's a high likelihood that you can beat them all if you so desire. Get more traffic? There's that possibility but you'll only be getting more traffic than your competitors.

To be honest while it's possible to still make some decent cash from a micro-niche even if it doesn't get much traffic, as more people realize how profitable they can be the competition in time will get to be much steeper than it is now.

Post everyday? Not really... when our viewer is on vacation, he/she returns and have to read... 14 articles? People are not so commited.

I've taken up an online training that focused on blogging. One of the topics are about choosing your niche. Based on it, it doesn't matter what your niche is, just as long as you are passionate with your choice. It means, that you have to be committed to writing about it on a regular basis. I have to agree with you, Smithee, that a unique voice would definitely sets you apart, no matter how many blogs are there, search engines would definitely find you and puts your blog as #1 among the results, no matter what.

I think that the third myth is a pretty big one for a lot of people. Many people can get overwhelmed with the numbers and think that they will never be able to be successful in writing because they cannot generate numbers anywhere close to what some others have. You are right, though. If you can find an appropriate niche, most likely an area that you are familiar with and have experience in, then the traffic will come and revenue will follow.

Thanks for debunking these myths! I was never one to post on my blog everyday, it just doesn't work well for me with the time constraints. And I'm better off not writing than writing an article everyday and losing that high quality tone to it. As far as monetising my blog, I have no idea yet how to do this. I'm actually writing in my blog just to have an outlet so I don't even know if earning from it is possible. And my niche is a pretty popular one, beauty blogs are everywhere. But I still pushed through with it because that's how much I love it.

2. Post Every Day
You won't lose readers if you don't post every day. Establish a posting schedule. Your readers will know when fresh content is uploaded and will visit the blog each time new content is posted..

I'm going to say that in my experience, this one isn't a myth. Well, not totally. It doesn't matter how frequently you post but establishing a post schedule is a great idea and can really help a struggling blog! That being said, there's no right or wrong way to do the whole blogging success thing. :)

As for myths I've heard? I remember back in 2006-7 some girls saying you couldn't use Wordpress to blog because it was too bulky a script and it wouldn't catch on. :p

You've probably come across some horrible blogging advice. Earlier today whilst reading some articles I found something which reminded me that there are lots of blogging myths which need to be debunked.

Here are some:

1. Short Posts Aren't Good For SEO
Length of blog posts should be determined by your objective. If for example you are writing a tutorial then the article will be long but when you are writing something that needs only a few sentences to explain then a blog posts needn't be too long. Some blog posts can be long. Others can be short. There is no ideal length.

2. Post Every Day
You won't lose readers if you don't post every day. Establish a posting schedule. Your readers will know when fresh content is uploaded and will visit the blog each time new content is posted.

3. You Need Lots of Traffic To Make Money From Your Blog
You don't. Lots of online marketers make decent cash from their blogs even though those blogs don't get much traffic. Choose a profitable niche. Use long tail keywords to draw in targeted traffic and sell products you are promoting to blog visitors.

4. There Are Too Many Blogs On The Blogosphere
It doesn't matter how many blogs there are. Your unique voice is what will draw eye balls your way.

Thanks for these tips. Keep writing valuable tips. :)

I agree with your points. I want to add another myth associated with blogging

#You can make instant money with blogging

You will have to work for months, even years, before you are able to generate good money from your blog.

Most important thing you missed the Category and yeah you need not to post daily for get traffic. Atleast use 500 words in your post to make it better seo friendly.

Unles you get coming reader who opted you as a trusted source for the category say technology they will come and you need these royal reader many of them.

banners
Back