The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Blogging for affiliate sales.

Zackkoss

affiliate
Ok so Ive been in Affiliate marketing for about two month with a blog for about one month. Now my question to you is whats better blogging about one topic everyday and pinging or blogging about a variety of different topics and pinging. Currently I have a product review blog talking about what ever cb product I find interesting.

Also I would like to make a blog devoted to one thing but its really hard to find a good converting genre of products that are different but good and sell well at the same time. See heres my problem, my personal expertise are computer, games, html, and R\C cars\boats. But when you go to click bank you dont really see anything about these kinds of genres that convert well. Mainly becasue people always just go and research these things on google and find alternatives. For example games people are going to see how to bit torrent and crack video games. So instead of buying the product about how to get psp games example. They do what they find on google. Also theres not many good products that I could find about computer, html or R\C stuff on cb that google dosnt already have for free.

So I guess what I want is a product that the same but different and easy to wright about every time.

So does anybody have any input to my problem and a answer to my question. I would defently appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
CB products are very competitive and are prone to a variety of tracking problems, I've posted about recently.

Rather than focus on one or varied topics I would focus on a theme of related topics that all fit together.

I don't know anything about R\C cars\boats but it seems this would be a better NICHE especially to start off with than computers and games which are both very competitive markets.

It seems there are a lot of affiliate programs:
remote control cars affiliate program - Google Search
And you could write about, review, announce different products and yet stay in that one genre where everything is related and someone that visits due to one product may find others they like.

Ok thank you. I have just a few more questions. Would you mind telling me that general theme you toled me about and also could you provide me with links to your sites. Also I would like to take your advice but heres the problem when you search rc in click bank you get one program\service. You cant do much with just one. Now I noticed in the search you gave me I found that many of those sites with affiliate programs where going threw commission junction. How would you rate this site.

Also is it possible to have a click bank account closed down completely. I say this because in there terms and conditions they say that any money left in a account for more then 90 days is charged .10 cents a day or something and after 365 days a dollar, and because I want to move over to cj I don't want to deal with cb.

CJ has mainly REAL retail products like toys and shoe and clothes as opposed to CB which is mainly ebooks and software.

You can belong to both.

What you say sounds weird to me. Why would they charge you for money left in your account. And if you have money in there why haven't they paid you?
I don't deal with CB at all and don't know the rules but that just sounds odd.

"Would you mind telling me that general theme you toled me about and also could you provide me with links to your sites. "

The general theme I mentioned since you say you know about RC cars and boats IS RC cars and boats. :confused: ???

What do you mean links to my sites? :confused: Links to my clients affiliate programs? They are all in the right sidebar.

Hey zack,

There are sooo many more affiliate programs out there than ClickBank. Don't just assume that because there are no CB products that your niche is not profitable.

Do a search on the major search engines, (Google, Yahoo, MSN) and see what others are promoting for your specific key words.

Pertaining to your blog, I would research EXTENSIVELY to find out what the most appropriate keywords for your niche would be, then create categories on your blog for each major keyword and then try to post daily to a category. You don't have to post to every category daily, but try to post daily.

Try to search for other blogs that allow trackbacks and comment about their post and then trackback to their site to get a link back to your blog.

As Linda and willywonka have mentioned, you can have more than one affiliate account open and there are affiliate programs other than ClickBank.

Regarding CJ, you must be careful with them because they will close your account without notice if you don't make a certain number of sales within a certain time period (I really don't remember the specifics, but I learned this the hard way when I just started in affiliate marketing).

I would recommend researching your niche area (I assume, it will be R/C cars/boats), find merchants which sell these specific products and accessories, review their websites and maybe even contact a few of them to make sure their website actually converts. Then, when you're ready, join their affiliate program and start adding their links to your blog entries.

Of course, just blogging isn't going to do it -- make sure that you actually promote your blog as well. Find other blogs within your niche area and network with them; leave comments, e-mail the author and form a relationship, and garner links. Also, submit your blog to the directories, and make sure it's properly optimized for people and the search engines.

~ Teli

Linda,

Zackkoss is right. CB deos deduct .10 cents from your account if you don't make a sale within 90 days or something like that. I had stopped promoting them for a while and noticed my earnings kept dropping. I e-mailed them and they explained they subtract fees for inactivity. I thought that was a bit strange but it's true. They have a minimum payout amount, and if you haven't reached that and are not making any sales for a while they do deduct from your earnings.

Zackkoss, the other key with blogging is make sure you're doing it with a purpose. So many people blog for the sake of blogging or they just copy what everyone else is saying so it provides no real value.

If you love gaming, try talking about things that other gaming bloggers aren't. Or put a special spin on your topics (from a comedic point of view, for example) and make your blog stand out from the rest. You're new to affiliate marketing so what can you do to make your blog stand out from all the rest. How can you establish your unique brand of one?

As far as finding affiliate programs in your niche, you can also go to the major retailer's main sites and look for their affiliate programs. Not all of them are under CJ and the big affiliate networks. For example, Best Buy has an internal affiliate program I believe, so you could link to their video games and earn a commission (if you chose that niche).

Others have chimed in nicely about other options besides CB so I want to talk about traffic to your blog.

You should include a couple different methods of driving traffic instead of only one type. Article marketing is cheap and a good way to drive target traffic. PPC can be cheap if done correclty. The point is lay out a plan and follow it.

The other issue is content on the blog itself. Writing it all your self is time consuming but inexpensive. Here's what I do when starting a new project

After my keyword research I write articles and post them to places like ezine articles, go articles squidoo etc. Once traffic starts to flow in I'll either make sales or not. If I do I reinvest that money to outsource some more articles

If I don't then I put adsense on it and move to next set of keywords in that niche. Between adsense and affiliate sales I fund a PPC campaign. If ROI is good then more outsource more articles and the cycle starts over again

It is like a snowball effect. If there is no snow then move on untill you find another niche.

banners
Back