The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Blog Networks Are Stronger Than Ever If Used Correctly

jcorkern

<b>Senior Member - SEO Pro<br />Global Moderator</
Administrator
I know, you’re thinking “What the heck is he talking about, he must not know that Google has just went on a rampage, squashing every blog network they find.”, but we are probably thinking on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum, so stick with me if you want a lasting business.

The reason that blog networks started as you were probably thinking is because the original goal of a blog network was not an automated system to spin and deliver trash to Google’s cache of information to be shared with the world. It was building a group of blog owners that put out quality design, structure and content that thrills and truly helps visitors.

Guest Blogging is the basis of real blog networks. It puts you in full control of the sites and even the content that host your links. Once word got out that this theory had been seeing great results in the SERP’s and at delivering traffic, the black hat community capitalized on the value of a link from blogs because of this, with blog networks that were artificially built just to manipulate the search positions, or a “Linking scheme”.

Quality was thrown out of the door and immediately over half of the value that they were getting was gone because of the social experience you lose by distributing trash content.

What legitimate site/blog owner wants spun content linking back to their site if they are trying to build a long term business that will stand the test of time?

Do you really think you will build credibility with spun content? Let’s see what you are missing by doing it the “Easy” way, which is really 10 times as expensive, 10 times more time consuming. You will understand in a bit, so just hang in there.

Let’s say I have a blog about XYZ. I have taken the time to make the blog attractive, simple and easy to navigate through my content. I have built some great content that keeps the visitors engaged but my visitors are low. I need links and some more traffic.

At this point everyone does exactly the first choice, and that is links. But this should be the second choice in reality. You want to focus on quality and qualified traffic, but how do you do that?

1. Find a top blog in your niche, read over their blog and find an interesting post on their blog on the topic that you want to write a post about. Then you need to find a post on your blog or site that you can also send a link to from this post.

2. Write the post that will link to both a page within their site as a reference and to one on your site or blog as a reference. This shows them that you are a visitor of theirs and are interested in their site and look at it as an authority. It is also flattering to them, and this does wonders.

3. Email them the post with a short note offering the content to them. If they turn it down, find another one and revamp the links and send it to them. If you have a well written post, they just might post it.

4. Email the top 20 bloggers in your niche or a closely related niche and ask them if they could do you a favor and help you out by writing a guest post for your blog. This would probably result in your getting some good content for your site free, and give your site some credibility for having a top author or blogger writing on your site. If you have the Google author profiles setup, it is recognized by Google anyway.

5. After you have posted their guest post on your blog, wait a couple of weeks and contact them again and tell them that you wrote a guest post for them to “return the favor”. You will be surprised by how many will take your guest post then.

You have to remember that these are guest post from authority sites in or closely related to your niche, this means they already have traffic, and are now delivering a portion of their traffic to you. That is still only part of the benefits of the social aspect. Once several major bloggers in your niche sends some of their traffic to you, their visitors assume you are a trusted site, so make sure not to let them down.

Chances are that if you write your guest post correctly, these pages will likely rank pretty good for a multitude of keyword phrases and deliver traffic to you day after day for years to come. You may end up getting links from other bloggers and site owners that are fans of the top sites you now have guest post on.

Another benefit is that you get a high quality link that will give you 100 times the authority of a link from a trash blog with spun content. This means traffic gains again from Google on your site or blog.

Let’s look at time and cost of automated verses real blog networking.
You have to write articles, take the time to spin them, pay for a distribution service all to get no referral traffic, No authority is passed either socially or through the links.

Because it is low quality, you will have to do hundreds, or even thousands of spun articles to beat my 20 to 50 links that I built after it helps attract other natural links from other bloggers that read your guest post and become a fan of your site from that exposure.

With natural blog networking, as few as 10 high quality guest post may be all you even need to build, the social nature of the internet should kick in after that if you choose wisely on your methods and choices.

Blog networks are still alive and well if done correctly. If you stick with the original concept instead of the automated, you could get away with as few as 10 to 50 guest post and then the following you have built will do the rest for you.

Much cheaper, much faster, less work and far superior results.

I still believe in the value of links in blog comments. Google view the comments are content and not barely links.

MI
Back