The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Blog Directories and RSS Repositories

If it's worth doing, it's worth taking time to do it. The majority of directories really don't help a lot with SEO - they are not viewed very highly by search engines because most are like the old FFA (Free For All) link schemes where all submitted entries are accepted (no quality control). Nothing wrong with submitting to quality difrectories but posting to dofollow blogs is also useful.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Use a variety of link building strategies.

Well said. That's key. You want to diversify. It's essential to set up traffic funnels. Not just blog submissions to blog sites. After that do article submissions to article directories. Then do video submissions to video directories.

Then do rss feeds. Then do social bookmarking. The do social media. Then do press releases. after that start over with another campaign starting with another keyword and drive traffic to that keyword by rinsing and repeating the above mentioned....:)

Your welcome.

The list is awesome Stephen. Thanks for sharing.

That is a huge list. I wonder if I could put my list of sites we submit to....hmmm:rolleyes:

Awesome list. Although I don't really see all the hype about blog directories, I haven't used much of it and I am currently doing very well. Although I think I should be looking more into it. Thanks for the list.

If it's a directly relevant niche directory that uses quality control (i.e., stay away from auto-listing directories without manual editorial review), then it can still help.

If it's a general directory or one that accepts every submission or one that will list any crappy site if you're willing to pay, avoid it like the plague. Recent Google initiatives have soundly trounced links from such directories.

I noticed that. thanks for going through the list and updating it, you have saved me a job.:)

Oh and many thats to the thread starter for posting the list.

Great list, but can also appreciate the carpal tunnel effect for those of us who painstakingly attempt to make sure the content is of high quality and accurate. That's what virtual assistants are for...when it comes to updating, posting ad nauseam.:D

Just started to post my blog link on above websites but surprised the first link
Code:
http://pingmyblog.com
, website account is suspended.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the lists. I was wondering if you have checked MozRank, Moz PA, Alexa and Google PR for these?

Have you tracked any great results from these submissions?

Cheers!

MI
Back