The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Bing - The Decision Engine!

maneetpuri

affiliate
Microsoft is going to launch its Bing search engine. Quoted as the Decision Engine, Bing aims to compete with Google and divert its market share. As of now it focuses on 4 prime areas – Local information, Travel, Health care and E-commerce. Bing aims to provide users with faster and more relevant results for their search query unlike Google that returns a steady stream of links. Though it is not available to the public as of yet, it is all set to get launched formally on June 3rd.

To read more about Bing please visit Microsoft Bing – A Sneak Peek!

Someone said something interesting about it on the news last night.

noone says "oh just windows live search it" google rolls off the tongue so nicely!
It seems to me that m$ are trying to catch up with google in becoming social.

Be interesting to see if it works!! I know I wont be using it!

I like the live's new version bing.com, Simple and plain design. The features are quite different from yahoo and google.com. I have used the image search option of bing.com; the results i got were much different from google, with more relevant images and with nice interface. In google you need to open the image to see its name and extension, but in bing.com you can see every details of that images without opening the result.

Discussion about the new BING is going on every where. But I am just wondering how it is gonna capture the market of google and yahoo. For me its a no way threat to google or yahoo.
But since BING is claiming so many things, there must be something.

Bing does so many marketing right now. Last week, I saw it's on the TV commercial. (I'm in US.) Can't imagine, search engine on TV. LoL :winkiss:

While i like the fact Bing places all my sites in the to 3 results for all the good terms ;) unfortunatly it does not give relevent results.

Instead of linking to forum threads for example, it links to the list of threads on the forum that contains a thread with those keywords in it :s

Not idea, some way to go yet it would seam

It doesn't look anything special to me, I don't know what makes it a decision engine as it just looks like a rebranded MSN Live search engine to me.

I dont understand why every one saying it is different i think its just like same engine qualities but may be different

It doesn't look anything special to me, I don't know what makes it a decision engine as it just looks like a rebranded MSN Live search engine to me.

I think it's great. A decision engine should be capable to organize the results into categories.

I.e. When you search for a car model, the results should be organized in "reviews", "about pages", "where to buy the car model" and more..

Google also has something similar ( Show Options panel ), but I don't know how they are organizing the results.

Hope it helps...

I think the new bing is a little better as well and luckily for me i am starting to see more referrals from there new engine.. Wheras before i hardly recieved any traffic at all.. In particular i am noticing it indexing more pages than the previous engine. In particular with the blogs i run..
I am hoping in time it will improve more as well, so possibly yahoo and google can have some more competition. I know that would take a long period of time but it would be so good to see..

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not saying like being search engine is not good, but we have to confess that some search engines are going better then being. That's why almost people use Google and other services. I used to work on it but, now Google.

Would anyone know if Bing has changed anything lately? I am suddenly getting alot of people coming from Bing, which I think is great, but it has shot up from no where.

I think Bing aims to provide users with faster and more relevant results for their search query unlike Google that returns a steady stream of links. thanks for sharing the information.

banners
Back