Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Beware Free Merchant Domains

D

djbaxter

Beware Free Merchant Domains
by Rosalind Gardner
April 24, 2009

I was wondering why I hadn?t earned a commission on a particular product in quite awhile.

The merchant had given me a free domain set up to redirect to their store with my affiliate link, so I went to that URL and it was still redirecting, no problem.

However, when I clicked on ?Buy Now!? and arrived on the Clickbank order page, this is what I found.

Read more...

Clueless merchant just shot himself in the foot.

Merchants need to market with integrity if they want to keep affiliates.
Shame on them!

That is true. It would also be helpful if you learn basic skills on link cloaking. Some of them could drop your link and your sales commission could be vanished in thin air. So link cloaking could play a huge part on your affiliate marketing success.

Link cloaking would not have helped in this case. The merchant controlled the link on the site they gave her it sounds like.

confusing one ...

but yeah, a reminder that it always pays to check your links regularly ... it often also happens that suddenly some products are "no longer for sale", not so bad if you're sending organic traffic, but if you're doing PPC it can be a major hassle!

confusing one ...

but yeah, a reminder that it always pays to check your links regularly ... it often also happens that suddenly some products are "no longer for sale", not so bad if you're sending organic traffic, but if you're doing PPC it can be a major hassle!

I agree. I was doing ppc for 5 products, one merchant and the products were cancelled by the affiliate manager company, it was a couple of weeks before I realised they were gone - so yeah I agree check your links especially ppc

MI
Back