The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Best Ways to Increase Social Media Popularity

FDC

5 Star Bright New Star Award - October
What social media sites do you think would work best for a real estate sites?

What are some of the strategies companies are using to increase their social popularity- and does it work?

With social media sites you need to realize that there is a very specific group of people that actually visit these sites, then there is a whole bunch of people that try to market to these sites. Niches such as real estate which are ultra-saturated would never do too well with these communities due to the number of marketers vs. number of interested visitors.

As far as free backlinks go through, I would use Digg, Jumptags, and Del.ico.us and I would use StumbleUpon for some free traffic.

Yup, I would be making sure my real estate site was well SEOed first and then developing some content that I thought could get some links if it went well on the social sites.

I would use Digg, Jumptags, and Del.ico.us and I would use StumbleUpon for some free traffic.

Yep, these sites are quite useful to drive traffic to your site. Well, you can also try twitter.com Try to find users who are interested in real estate, follow them and promote your site over there.

I think Twitter is getting very popular nowadays. I think i will have to get on the twitter bandwagon now!

anybody has experience with other social web advertising and marketing? any success?

Thanks!

I think Twitter is getting very popular nowadays. I think i will have to get on the twitter bandwagon now!

anybody has experience with other social web advertising and marketing? any success?

Thanks!

Traffic isn't the only thing you get from social media sites...in fact that's a very limiting mindset.

Personally...I have built relationships that have accounted for a great deal of income over the last two years using these sites. Think networking, seminar mentality stuff. I use whatever sites I can...Facebook...Digg...Twitter...Reddit...etc...etc... to accomplish this. You could even find a Real Estate specific social network...as they are popping up more and more now (Ning anyone?).

Yes, you can get backlinks...traffic...and the like once you have prepared content that the specific community enjoys and start building relationships.

To gain maximum results with social sites...you have to be social...and ditch the "instant gratification" mindset if you have it IMHO.
:cool:

Traffic isn't the only thing you get from social media sites...in fact that's a very limiting mindset.

To gain maximum results with social sites...you have to be social...and ditch the "instant gratification" mindset if you have it IMHO.
:cool:

Well said, and great points Joseph!

The social media sites are great, but it also depends on what your trying to bring to it. I have used twitter and facebook with some success as i just started the pages at the beginning of last month. You have to stick to it and not be fooled into thinking its going to be super easy.

Plus if your just looking for traffic, social sites isnt the way to go for you, you cant just post once and walk away you have to stick with it and make a plan to have fresh content and idea's for social media sites. For real estate, have you thought about using a video site like youtube, make something catchy and interesting?

What social media sites do you think would work best for a real estate sites?

What are some of the strategies companies are using to increase their social popularity- and does it work?

Secret to it is to build enough trust from your network. And post regular updates to maintain credibility. This will be easier for you if you wanted to promote something.

MI
Back