The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Best ways to drive traffic.

mlogan09

affiliate
Hey guys I just wanted to make a thread on how to drive traffic. This is mostly made up of ways you guys have came up with and i will post things along also.

More importantly I want to see what has work best for you.

A quick list I can come up with right here is such things as:
article publishing
forum posting
social networking
video publishing
seo work
link exchange
paid advertising
e-mail lists

This is just a small sample please tell me what you guys think.

Hi mlogan09,

This is an awesome topic to start a thread on although I am certain there are tons of them out there I stumbled on your and thought I would take a moment to provide some information on this topic.

I am sure anyone in this business will tell you there are literally thousands of ways to generate traffic but there are some that work better than others. I will provide a few ideas that can be investigated to see how well they work.

I have personally used these to get traffic to my sites that actually convert well.

• Solo Advertising (this falls into your email marketing bucket)
  • Pay per Click PPC (This is one of the most effective traffic generators but can be very expensive)
  • Forum posting in high traffic forums (always think before you post and NEVER, NEVER try to sell in your post)
  • Link Round Ups (this is a great way if you can find good sites to participate in a topic related Link Round Up)
  • eBook Syndication (this is an awesome free way to generate traffic while providing value and branding yourself)

Just like you this is just a few of many that I have used but some of the ones I have found to be the most effective when done properly. I hope this helps your readers! :) :) :)

i agree on the mentioned methods and i want to add:

1-safelists
2-press releases
3-traffic exchanges
4-banner exchanges as well but don't over use it
5-using authority sites like squidoo and hubpages
6-don't forget off line promotion

I really enjoy the information and conversation here this is a great topic that is the life's blood of online marketing success. If you cannot effectively drive traffic to your site/offer you simply will not make money online. And after all that is the point of online marketing... Right?

Well I look forward to reading more on this topic in this forum post and will provide more information on this topic.

Today I will speak to another very effective traffic driving method that is becoming more and more relevant in the online marketing world. I mean lest face it, it is not the simplest thing to do but with the right training and information it can be done.

Blogging is the method of choice for most people because they love to write but if you are interested in a effective and free way to drive traffic that would be it. Formula to blogging success.

• Write Awesome content that solves a problem that your readers have
  • Write something daily for your blog to keep it fresh and indexed more often
  • Promote You blog pages (not just the main blog domain)

If you follow those tree simple steps and do it consistently you will begin to drive more and more targeted traffic to your blog which by the way is sprinkled with links to your offer.

Well I hope this was helpful and informative and that you find this information of value to this forum post.

Last edited by a moderator:
For sure you can?t have failed to notice that Facebook is the largest and most popular social media network in the world.
It has over a one billion active users who log into their Facebook account many times each day, and it has made even easier thanks to the popularity of Smart phones. Smartphones mean people can log in anytime time they want, any place they are, and the majority of your customers will be part of this socially aware group.
Businesses and (private) Internet Marketers that are internet savvy have realized the importance of Facebook and are benefiting from joining the social network revolution. Learning how to harness the power of Facebook and other social media marketing has resulted in increased sales and given their profits a real boost.
Unfortunately, some businesses and (private) Internet Marketers have been a bit slower to catch on. Their attempts to join the Facebook revolution have failed because they have not known the best way to master it.
Even though Facebook is incredibly powerful for business and Internet Marketing, finding the right information about marketing and advertising on the social site can be time consuming. If you do a quick online search, you will find there is so much advice out there about Facebook marketing. But for every good tip you read, you will be bombarded with misleading or outdated information which will add to your frustration ? and worse ? hinder your marketing campaign.

The good news is that finding and mastering the techniques behind a solid and effect Facebook marketing campaign is not difficult. Once you put these techniques in place, your efforts will be rewarded with highly targeted traffic. You will be a Facebook convert and will finally discover what all of the fuss has been about.

I definitely agree with you p307ig, Facebook is a really awesome place to drive targeted traffic to your site/offer. I also know that they are strict on what sites they allow you to promote and have strict rules on how you promote also. The key that I have found is not selling at all but providing valuable entertaining information to build a large following of people that slip in a promotional message from time to time ever so indiscreetly.

I also know that they offer paid advertising that may work well also but I have not yet tried it. Any thoughts on that?

I also know that they offer paid advertising that may work well also but I have not yet tried it. Any thoughts on that?

First of all let me tell you that you can manage to advertise using FB-ads (Pay per click /PPC) if you do it right.
Since I am located in Germany I need a special redirect script to direct the German offer back to US for approval. BTW I successfully perform FB PPC ads for instance with dating-offers, games etc. (entertainment). You are right it is not o.k. to start out trying to sell something using the FB platform. But be aware that in the beginning you may spend some money before getting successful with your FB campaigns.

Thanks for the insight it is helpful and I will try a Facebook PPC campaign to see how it works. I hope to being to use social media marketing as a part of my overall marketing strategy as I get better at it.

I spend time posting links but not really socializing as much as I think I should to be successful. One last question would you suggest I start a group or page of some sort on Facebook to get a large following before I start trying to post links to my offer and if so how much time to you think should be spent doing so?

Thanks again and To Your Success,
Orlando

The more followers you have on a FB page the more trustful is your offer as a matter of course when potential customers get on your page. But what I did and am doing currently is DL (Direct Linking) to a dating offer using as an example. That means you do not need a FB fan page at all.
BTW I started out using FB ads spending 20$ a day. As I mentioned honestly at first it may be that you have to test different ads (split testing) in order to get successful.
But always be aware of getting highly targeted traffic using FB ads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Article Marketing

Forum Marketing

Viral Marketing

Social Networking

Blogging

Press Releases

Search Engine Marketing

Get Links!

Submit your new site to appropriate directories

Funnel Traffic From Other Sites

These are just a few ways you can use to drive traffic to your website.
Hope this helps :)

There are tons of ways to drive traffic. The big key is to diversify your methods but not to the point where it is overwhelming. So you don't want all of your traffic from one source but you don't want to use so many methods that you end up confusing yourself.

It also depends on the niche you are in and what you are marketing. Since I do a lot with Kindle books, I have found Facebook groups are one good way to drive traffic to them. For my websites, I have had good luck with a range of methods including article marketing. But I keep it focused.

MI
Back