The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Best way to set Postfix Throttling for all domains globally?

What you're looking for is default_destination_rate_delay. Or you can set up a custom transport for just Hotmail related domains and set a rate delay for only those domains.

default_destination_rate_delay is for same domain.

I have tried to create a transport with regex but still it sends same time to different domains, no throttling between @msn.com and @hotmail.com, it sends to @msn and @hotmail same time, you answer is not the solution

Anyway I found a solution, nobody knows much about this simple problem and how to solve it, i searched the whole internet lol.

The solution is
Mailwizz have a delay between each email. So I set a delay in microseconds.

You didn't search hard enough. It's right there in Postfix's documentation which is probably the most extensive out there.

Example transport for Yahoo:
In master.cf
Code:
smtp_yahoo unix - - n - 3 smtp
-o syslog_name=smtp_yahoo

In main.cnf
Code:
smtp_yahoo_transport_rate_delay=??s
smtp_yahoo_destination_concurrency_limit=2 or higher, but less than the default 20

In transport_list
Code:
/@(123|456|789|abc|def|y7mail|ghi|ymail)\.com/   smtp_yahoo:
/@(jkl|mno|yahoo|yahooxtra)(\.[a-z]{2,3}){1,2}$/   smtp_yahoo:

When you monitor your mail logs, you'll see smtp_yahoo when mail is sent to Yahoo domains in transport_list and watch the delay. Why didn't you ask the question in MailWizz proper in the first place? I have an old account over there and I know for a fact that question has been asked and answered plenty of times.

You didn't search hard enough. It's right there in Postfix's documentation which is probably the most extensive out there.

Example transport for Yahoo:
In master.cf
Code:
smtp_yahoo unix - - n - 3 smtp
-o syslog_name=smtp_yahoo

In main.cnf
Code:
smtp_yahoo_transport_rate_delay=??s
smtp_yahoo_destination_concurrency_limit=2 or higher, but less than the default 20

In transport_list
Code:
/@(123|456|789|abc|def|y7mail|ghi|ymail)\.com/   smtp_yahoo:
/@(jkl|mno|yahoo|yahooxtra)(\.[a-z]{2,3}){1,2}$/   smtp_yahoo:

When you monitor your mail logs, you'll see smtp_yahoo when mail is sent to Yahoo domains in transport_list and watch the delay. Why didn't you ask the question in MailWizz proper in the first place? I have an old account over there and I know for a fact that question has been asked and answered plenty of times.

I have tried this solution for some reason when I send to those two emails for example:
- ***@123
- ****@ymail.com

Its sending same time, it still saw them as different domains so postfix sent parallel.

Are you sure this should delay sending time between @123 and @ymail.com in relation to the code you posted?
Have you tested it your self?

its possible I have not tested it properly or made a mistake.

MI
Back