The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Best Way to Convert Amazon Links

Vgo

affiliate
Does anyone know if I should click directly to Amazon via an affiliate link or should I have them appear like they are adding stuff to a shopping cart and then direct them to Amazon? While it's more convenient, because all the products are relevant, it might appear scammy, because they think they are checking out with me rather than Amazon.

I'm paying for FB ads right now and the link goes to my own product page, they put it in a cart and when they check out it tells them they are going to Amazon. The reason I direct them to my site is so they know my site exists. The benefit is they can add a bunch of items and then it's one click to Amazon.

I just feel too many clicks might increase cart abandonment.

You just need to made them click on Amazon link. This way cookie will remain active for 24 hours. Most of the amazon affiliate websites uses this method. For example see here Best Electric Shavers Buying Guide this site just want to send users to amazon So if a customer comes to this site and clicked on amazon and then left. If he opens amazon within 24 hours and purchases any product you will get commission.
But other method is more rewarding. If you manage to make users add to cart products on amazon, the cookie works for 90 days, that means if they buy any product within 90 days, you will get commissions

I prefer sending them to Amazon.com website. Most of the people don't buy immediately after clicking the links. They will check and then recheck, compare and so on ( that how sales funnel) then they will buy. However, they may buy some other low ticket items they need.

MI
Back