The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Best Network for Freelancers?

TheSamurai

affiliate
What do you think, which is the best freelancers network out there, in terms of job offers, pricing and stuff?

Do you think its oDesk, or eLance or something else?

I do some occasional gigs on oDesk, and i can say it's really hard to get into a job, if you're really not active there.

Ok, that's good to know. Are you satisfied with the contractors on freelancer.com? What are their prices - cheap, realistic or over the top :D?

I love Freelancer.com. I don't like eLance and oDesk. I find them difficult to navigate, and it's extremely hard to get a gig there. At Freelancer.com, you still have to compete with Indians charging $2 per hour, but there are also many employers who are looking for high-quality work.

I have better results with seoclerks.com, they seem to be more established and have a lot of both users and customers. They seem to be up there with Fiverr in terms of popularity too.

What about sites like SEOClerks, too? I get a lot of jobs through there and they're pretty reliable.

As a buyer I think you should join SEOClerks, you can find a lot of contracts worth buying depending on your needs. As a seller however there are some things I think need work. My biggest pet peeve is seeing all of the "featured" postings for $1 items. Do the math, it costs $80 to get featured and they aren't selling 80 items so they probably aren't paying the $80 feature cost. Are they friends of the site? Owner projects? Is there a way to get featured for free?

Signing up to the major players in this market you'll never really get poor results, as a client because they've got a reputation to uphold, and the freelancers that work on there are usually a pretty high quality.

If your a freelancer looking for work though, you're going to have to fend off a lot of competition, as some of the more well known sites have people that have been working on there for a long time, and it's often hard for a newbie to get selected for work.

It's quite easy to find self-declared social media experts, but the three things I'd be looking for in someone's past work are:

• Quantitative success (not just the ability to drive traffic, but to drive the right traffic that engages with your site, whether by registering an account, placing an order, or becoming a client.)
  • Engagement (blogging, posting to Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr, etc. is fairly worthless unless users engage with your content)
  • Analytics (Can someone link their work back to the company's success. An internet site can succeed or fail for many reasons, and analytics enable you to parse out why. Without great analytics, you can succeed while your social media strategist fails you (but still gets paid), and visa-versa, create an unsuccessful product but blame your social media strategist)

No matter what budget you're operating on, I'd also consider highly targeted social advertising, and anyone worth their salt should be able to execute a small campaign with ease.

Here is the list ..

Clutch.co
Toptal.com
Ziptask.com
Appfutura.com
Appopera.com
Appindex.com
Teamhunt.com
Upwork.com

banners
Back