The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Best free way to begin affiliate marketing?

Aiden L

Im nearly 17 and pretty low on cash, was wondering which is the best method to begin affiliate for free. Is wix or any other of these free sites good for beginners or is google sites any good? Thanks in advance.

Here are some simple steps affiliate marketing for beginners
Decide on a platform
Choose your niche
Find affiliate programs to join
Create great content
Drive traffic to your affiliate site
Get clicks on your affiliate links
Convert clicks to sales.

Here are some simple steps affiliate marketing for beginners
Decide on a platform
Choose your niche
Find affiliate programs to join
Create great content
Drive traffic to your affiliate site
Get clicks on your affiliate links
Convert clicks to sales.
Thank you Martin for the advice. :)

Im nearly 17 and pretty low on cash, was wondering which is the best method to begin affiliate for free. Is wix or any other of these free sites good for beginners or is google sites any good? Thanks in advance.

Hey Aiden L,
Affiliate marketing with free methods is possible but it's slow. I understand that you are low on cash but the untold story is that you need some form of capital to succeed in this game.

I have no prior experience with wix for AM. I do know have few google sites properties and I also experimented with medium, quora and youtube.

In my opinion the best way to start AM with free methods is youtube channel, google sites, medium.com and quora.com. At least these are the platforms i have experience with for ways of driving free traffic to your offer.

While it's a good idea to check platforms or traffic methods, I think you may want to first decide what kind of niche market you will enter. I mean have you thought about any particular offer you would like to promote?

Once you are clear on the offer/niche then you can assess the best traffic methods to generate sales in this particular niche.

I am happy to answer any particular questions you may have on google sites given that you mention it in your query.

Hey Aiden L,
Affiliate marketing with free methods is possible but it's slow. I understand that you are low on cash but the untold story is that you need some form of capital to succeed in this game.

I have no prior experience with wix for AM. I do know have few google sites properties and I also experimented with medium, quora and youtube.

In my opinion the best way to start AM with free methods is youtube channel, google sites, medium.com and quora.com. At least these are the platforms i have experience with for ways of driving free traffic to your offer.

While it's a good idea to check platforms or traffic methods, I think you may want to first decide what kind of niche market you will enter. I mean have you thought about any particular offer you would like to promote?

Once you are clear on the offer/niche then you can assess the best traffic methods to generate sales in this particular niche.

I am happy to answer any particular questions you may have on google sites given that you mention it in your query.
Thank you for the reply, I have not decided a particular product yet however I am looking to market a product under the category health and fitness on clickbank. I possibly stretch to £50 to £90 if that would be needed to generate traffic. When my brother started affiliate marketing he said forums were a great place to generate some free traffic along with Facebook groups, however he started back in 2007 I believe. I understand that those methods are probably not viable in 2021 due to how saturated the market is now. Do you think google sites is the way to go for now then when I start to see success maybe go for paid hosting?

Aiden, what approach are you looking for?
Will you promote the chosen affiliate offer(s)on a landing page or on a niche blog site?

I have no experience with these free platforms, I don't know the wix sitebuilder but know that the pages you build there will not be easily transferred to another hosting platform...
You could maybe create an account on infinityfree or another hosting platform, if I am not mistaken it has softaculous app installer which has one click-install page builder and blogging apps... (these sites/pages are easier to transfer)

And don't forget free is just free, step up to a paid shared hosting plan or a VPS as soon as you have some budget. Hosting is really not a big chunk out of your budget but will become more and more important as your traffic grows...

Have you thought how would you send traffic to your offers? There are many and @iamb has already listed a few options, depending on your niche you might consider adding facebook groups to the possibilities, join groups in the niche, become active and provide value to the groups, at some point suggesting articles on your website if they correspond to the questions asked/needs of the niche... Important though is to select one method and go all in on that method, don't try multiples at once, this will burn you out fast...

I am looking to market a product under the category health and fitness on clickbank.
When my brother started affiliate marketing he said forums were a great place to generate some free traffic along with Facebook groups, however he started back in 2007 I believe. I understand that those methods are probably not viable in 2021 due to how saturated the market is now. Do you think google sites is the way to go for now then when I start to see success maybe go for paid hosting?
- Health/Fitness is a great niche... Select your offer wisely (= try to select a quality offer)
- Why would FB groups not work today? They surely seem to work for other marketers so they can work for you...
Forums, might be tougher but if you find an active forum and carefully read their terms of service (as they might be against any promotions)... They can work as well...
- Yes I would switch to a paid option as soon as you can!

I would also suggest you invest some time in learning how a tracker can help you! This tool will tell you where your clicks are coming from and if they convert... To be honest you can do this without tracking... (it will tell you what seems to work and what doesn't so you know where to concentrate your efforts)

@GriD
Hello GriD I have tried to offers on a blog however I wouldn't call it very advanced because it was just using wix site builder and was hosted for free. I would review body building products and supplements, then would embed the link in the image trying to get a sale on the product. This site was created about October last year and did not really generate many sales due to how I set it. I deactivated or terminated the website at about december time. After killing the website I haven't really had the time to build another, due to school and other things in life. I was just wondering which would be the best way to go about things this time on a low budget. Thanks for any further responses and apologies if my questions sound stupid.

- Health/Fitness is a great niche... Select your offer wisely (= try to select a quality offer)
- Why would FB groups not work today? They surely seem to work for other marketers so they can work for you...
Forums, might be tougher but if you find an active forum and carefully read their terms of service (as they might be against any promotions)... They can work as well...
- Yes I would switch to a paid option as soon as you can!

I would also suggest you invest some time in learning how a tracker can help you! This tool will tell you where your clicks are coming from and if they convert... To be honest you can do this without tracking... (it will tell you what seems to work and what doesn't so you know where to concentrate your efforts)
Thanks I will look into a tracker seems like a very useful tool to have in the arsenal.

@GriD
Apologies if my questions sound stupid.
Don't worry, just ask!!! (to be honest there are stupid questions, the answers might be though)
My questions here also might sound stupid to the more seasoned marketers here :D

So you send your traffic to review landing pages (or a blog, both are possible)
On the blog/landing page you can easily have the product name, image and all the references as links, I don't see why you would restrict yourself to just having the image linking to the offers...

A well set-up tracker can show you where your traffic comes from (which post/ad is working for you), what link on your landing page makes anyone click towards the offer etc...

try it on the cheap ...
make a social media post that is psychologically like a pre-lander and buy ads directed to that post.
in that post have a link using a link shortner to the offer

You can experiment with buying traffic and have a 'free server'
as you get more sophisticated add a tracker to the links

ad -->link-->tracker-->social media-->tracker-->clickbank
this way you can learn the process and hopefully --make some more money ...

@GriD
This site was created about October last year and did not really generate many sales due to how I set it. I deactivated or terminated the website at about december time.

You may have terminated your wix site too early. Oct-Dec is not long enough to generate a significant amount of traffic.

Remember : traffic + offer + conversion = $$$

Were you counting on free traffic with wix? If yes, was your article optimized for a low competition keyword? If people are not seeing your offer then obviously you will not earn money from your effort.

@GriD
Do you think google sites is the way to go for now then when I start to see success maybe go for paid hosting?

I would say invest in shared hosting if you can (to begin with).

The way I use google sites is to leverage the power of the domain to rank low competition keywords/review articles on page #1 of google for free traffic.

It's definitively faster to rank there than using wix or a new website.

Here is what I usually do:
- pick a low competition keyword in your niche (long tail if possible)
-write a quality review article on your chosen product/offer
-create a google site with the same article optimized for your chosen keyword
-let it sit for 2-4 weeks to see where it ranks on google. You can do that by opening an incognito window in chrome and typing your keyword. Check page 1-3 to see where your article/site shows up.

If you want to build a complete site on google sites then ensure that you install google analytics and add your site to google search console for speedy discovery and indexing.

It's a free method that may take up 2-5hrs of your time to setup and then the rest is a waiting game.
You can even share your link in niche relevant groups if you want to.

You may have terminated your wix site too early. Oct-Dec is not long enough to generate a significant amount of traffic.

Were you counting on free traffic with wix? If yes, was your article optimized for a low competition keyword? If people are not seeing your offer then obviously you will not earn money from your effort.

The way I use google sites is to leverage the power of the domain to rank low competition keywords/review articles on page #1 of google for free traffic.

-let it sit for 2-4 weeks to see where it ranks on google. You can do that by opening an incognito window in chrome and typing your keyword. Check page 1-3 to see where your article/site shows up.

If you want to build a complete site on google sites then ensure that you install google analytics and add your site to google search console for speedy discovery and indexing.

It's a free method that may take up 2-5hrs of your time to setup and then the rest is a waiting game.
I was looking on clickbank to see products to promote (something kinda small scale) and found this battery reconditioning company, so I did some research there's pretty decent monthly searches with very low competition. I made a quick article and rough website using google sites but now just have to wait and see if it works.

Also i may have terminated the site too quickly, thanks for letting me know for next time :)

try it on the cheap ...
make a social media post that is psychologically like a pre-lander and buy ads directed to that post.
in that post have a link using a link shortner to the offer

You can experiment with buying traffic and have a 'free server'
as you get more sophisticated add a tracker to the links

ad -->link-->tracker-->social media-->tracker-->clickbank
this way you can learn the process and hopefully --make some more money ...
Thanks Graybeard I will try that :)

I was looking on clickbank to see products to promote (something kinda small scale) and found this battery reconditioning company, so I did some research there's pretty decent monthly searches with very low competition. I made a quick article and rough website using google sites but now just have to wait and see if it works.
Recondition Your Old Batteries Back To 100% Of Their Working Condition this one?
I can't find the post here --but EZBATTERY was a waste of time and money for me.

Last edited:
I don't know for fact that it will not sell with the right traffic --with cold ads using a few ad networks it didn't convert after 2900 hits shown by ClickBank's stats. Maybe, with email or some other method? These were both direct and using a landing page as a test.
My gut hunch is it was just not believable --so it didn't sell. I could be wrong but no would spent their money to find out even with a money back guarantee that ClickBank offers ROFLMO Joke's is on me I lost $30 in ads.

Didn't work for me either when I tested it with Facebook traffic sent to a quiz page. It's might be a different story if you rank for a low competition keyword related to the product.

I don't know for fact that it will not sell with the right traffic --with cold ads using a few ad networks it didn't convert after 2900 hits shown by ClickBank's stats. Maybe, with email or some other method? These were both direct and using a landing page as a test.
My gut hunch is it was just not believable --so it didn't sell. I could be wrong but no would spent their money to find out even with a money back guarantee that ClickBank offers ROFLMO Joke's is on me I lost $30 in ads.
I’m sorry you lost $30, yeah it could possibly be that it was unbelievable and a bit suspicious. After you informed me that it’s a lost cause I went down the rabbit hole of research and I think it could [possibly] be a scam or a con. I also checked out the competition and it seem they were not doing too hot either. People claim to make hundreds/thousands a month from it but I don’t have a clue how they generate this sort of income with this specific niche.

banners
Back