The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Best AdSense CTR. Which AdSense ad format works best?

mexia

affiliate
I know i have heard it all,from it all depend on how your page looks like etc. i would really like a honest opinion, from someone who knows, and has seen it. I want to know which adsense ad format works best and brings in the best CTR.

I have a very highly profitable niche just waiting for your answers. What do you think.
Hey and another thing. i would really like to know if i should include boundaries on my ads?

The format that has always worked best for me is the large rectangle.

I would make sure your borders are transparent. Blending the ads into the content works wonders.

Regards,

Tony Thomas

I watched a video today from Google Adsense and they talked to Pro Blogger owner, Darren Rowse, and he was saying that on his blogs, the medium rectangle works best. He claims that there are more advertisers that choose that particular format for their ads.

Bottom line is to test, test, test. Create a channel for the large and watch it for a few weeks. Then try the medium and see what happens. Keep the best.

I believe that there are a few fast and hard rules when it comes to making Adsense work well, but there are other factors that may change depending on the site or blog that it goes on.

Test, test, test ;)

Regards,

Tony Thomas

The format that has always worked best for me is the large rectangle.

I totally agree with this. Large rectangle ad format works well on lot of my sites.

I watched a video today from Google Adsense and they talked to Pro Blogger owner, Darren Rowse, and he was saying that on his blogs, the medium rectangle works best. He claims that there are more advertisers that choose that particular format for their ads.

The problem I see is that on a lot of sites those rectangles look just plain UGLY!

Don't leave your visitors out of the equation when making decisions about ad formats. The rectangles look particularly ugly on most forums, for example, and the message you convey to your forum members is "I don't really care what your experience on this site is like - I just want to maximize AdSense revenues".

I think advertising formats should fit the site, not the other way around.

That's where good blending comes in.

You need to find that fine line between blending into your content and too much where the ads no longer are visible.

I see Adsense as an art form to be mastered ;)

for me the rectangle of 4 or 5 ads works best, but it depends on your site style I guess. I believe with adsense it's the highest paying advertiser first, don't go plastering your page with the max ads allowed. One block of ads can pay well (over $1.00) compared to 3 blocks and 2 links and 1 search bar all paying 5 cents

I know i have heard it all,from it all depend on how your page looks like etc. i would really like a honest opinion, from someone who knows, and has seen it. I want to know which adsense ad format works best and brings in the best CTR.

I have a very highly profitable niche just waiting for your answers. What do you think.
Hey and another thing. i would really like to know if i should include boundaries on my ads?

The large rectangle at the top of the fold is a big earner. Even if you place it and mold it inside the article, it comes out as a part of it giving the reader an impression of it as gateways to other pages of the site itself.

I don't use a large rectangle format however I put the ads in the middle of between article. And the result is I get high CTR enough on my site. That's more interesting than only put the ads on sidebar. So I think it depend on your site lay out.

its true that it all depends on your site but the one that has worked the best for me are actually the large rectangle right above content... and also don't forget the long link bar right under a nav bar.

I have power punching tips I'm promoting

I have google adsense square in the upper left hand corner and the link of four across the top after the description

I know it would dilute the cost per click, as I understand, but I'm considering placing ads vertically along the left hand side since people have to scroll down to get to their tip.

Any opinions on this?

Rick

336 X 280 large rectangle best

The 336 X 280 large rectangle, when only 1 adsense block per page, and blended with site, and positioned below plain header graphic and above content

336x280 has been successful for the top fold.
120x90 has been successful for the right sidebar (not left) and in between paragraphs of an article.

MI
Back