Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Beginner's Guide to SEO

D

djbaxter

The Beginner's Guide to Technical SEO
by Neil Patel
July 31, 2015

I'm not sure what it is, but as soon as people see the word "technical", they start to get squeamish.

In this case, technical SEO just refers to any SEO work that is done aside from the content. Essentially, it's laying a strong foundation to give your content the best chance it can have to rank for relevant keywords and phrases.

image26.jpg

Just like they have for on-page SEO, technical aspects of SEO have changed as search engines have become more sophisticated.

While there isn't much you can do to "game" search engines from a technical standpoint, there are some new factors in 2015 that you need to consider if you want to improve your or your clients' rankings.

If I were to cover this subject in depth, I would have to create another advanced guide.

Instead, I'll go over the most important aspects of technical SEO from a beginner's perspective as well as give you a few specific tactics and next steps to fix common problems in each area.

Read more...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Beginner?s Guide to SEO

This guide is awesome a great read while sat on a train to London.

Some interesting points I didn't even realise and I have been doing SEO for years.

The problem with advice pages like these is that it is telling you how to handle the basic setup of organizing and running a website that we should already know and pay attention to.

What sounds like SEO is actually "website clean up". SEO advice should focus on giving you the what to do next answer and I don't believe this is actually good coverage.

I want SEO to mean things that make me rank better instead of "why" it's working.

The best way to clarify this is to say that A leads to B instead of not B leads to not A.

When I make my website faster I rank better makes sense. But what makes more sense is that if my website is slower than it could be I won't rank as well.

When you rank not as badly instead of ranking better it is not "SEO".

Otherwise my website would be run on quantum computers so fast that I could even beat google in the search engines just by having a load time of yesterday.

My real query here is how do I keep on "SEOing" after I've stopped myself from ranking as poorly?

Does ranking less poorly really mean we are touching on Key SEO factors or are we focusing on Negative Penalty Removal? They are two hugely different things.

The last thing I can say is that instead of saying make more content it says silo content. If we make the assumption that I am not going to make new content and that I have silo'd my content already then what is the "SEO" advice I am supposed to get here?

It is to make more content and to silo even better but instead it just says to silo.

Siloing prevents me from losing the value I have placed on my website so is it helping me rank better? It is in fact making new content that makes siloing work not siloing.

And if you are smart enough you will superbly understand that siloing does not mean making new content. That means that again you are reducing a penalty you otherwise "have incurred".

Differences:
1. Making content ranks you better.
2. Siloing reduces synergy penalties.

This is why I think this is bad and mislabeled content.

What do you think?

an amazing guide neil patel share for begineers. its not for only for beginners nor experience person can learn some thing from that post.

MI
Back