The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Bandwidth for beginners, exceeding?

P

positivecarry

Hi everyone ,

I started AM about 1 month ago and I am pretty new to the more technical side of computers, and posting here has helped incredibly. My question now is how much bandwidth do I need for around 2,000 uniques/day for a blog or forum. I currently pay 10 bucks/month for 13000mb I believe. If I have a massive traffic explosion because of advertising campaigns what occurs? Does my site not serve pages to everyone or something worse? Any responses to these questions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

If you exceed your bandwidth, it can depend somewhat on your host. Some will charge you for the overage; others will shut you down until you buy more. It can also depend on how well their server copes.

The best thing to do is to ask your host how they handle such things. And if you're running an advertising campaign you think is going to go big, talk to your host in advance so that you both know how it will be handled.

Ok, but what about my cost for bandwith

Is 13000mb for 10/month a good deal , will I exceed it if I run a campaign to a blog that has 500 uniques/day and I pump $500 into a ppc campaign?

Anyone can answer this.Thanks.

MI
Back