The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Azoogle NO More Adware!

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I'm proud to announce that AzoogleAds, one of our newest "5 Star" clients, has raised the bar once again in the fight against adware and unethical marketing. Azoogle, the leading CPA network, recently severed ties with 180 Solutions, eXact advertising and Direct Revenue, 3 well known adware companies. Now with this new Acceptable Use Policy, AzoogleAds is setting even higher standards for the CPA advertising industry. They just sent me this press release yesterday with all the details.

<center><strong>Press Release: <a target="_new" href="http://www.azoogleads.com">AzoogleAds</a> Continues Crack-Down on Adware</strong>
New AUP Sets Highest Standard in Industry for Downloadable Software</center>

<strong>New York, NY, April 10, 2006</strong> ? AzoogleAds, a leader in performance-based online advertising, today announced the adoption of a new Acceptable Use Policy for downloadable software (adware). This new set of standards, which the company believes are the strictest in the performance-based market, represents the latest stage in AzoogleAds? ongoing effort to ensure the quality of its traffic. Earlier this year, the company severed ties with 180 Solutions, Direct Revenue, and eXact advertising, three adware companies which have come under fire for their practices.

<strong>?Fundamentally, this is about the integrity of our traffic, and it is about being an ethical company,? said Don Mathis, Chief Operating Officer at AzoogleAds. ?Adware that fails to conform to our new AUP hurts our advertisers, hurts our affiliates, and is a blight on the industry at large. Ultimately, the value proposition of online advertising is connecting legitimate advertisers with consumers in a way which serves the interests of both parties. Most adware operators today, on the other hand, appear to be in the business of deceiving or defrauding consumers. They have no place in our business model, and indeed, no valid justification to exist at all.?</strong>

AzoogleAds? new policy has 21 separate mandates designed to ensure that any downloadable software operates with genuine consumer integrity. For example, downloadable software must require obvious consumer consent, allow for easy removal, provide full disclosure / transparency, and be truthful. Moreover, the downloadable software must provide fair value to users and advertisers, and control over its distribution. Its vendors must demonstrate a substantial track record of compliance, not merely have adopted recent reforms after extended bad behavior in the past. No providers of downloadable software will be permitted to operate with AzoogleAds, either as an affiliate or a source of traffic via any intermediary, unless explicitly approved to do so. The company expects that very few current adware providers will meet its new standards.

?AzoogleAds is in the business of offering its advertisers the highest quality traffic in the performance-based advertising industry,? said Randy Nicolau, Chief Executive Officer at AzoogleAds. ?We are way ahead of our competition on the compliance front. If you do business with AzoogleAds, you know that you are going to have access to consumers interested in your message, not consumers tricked into seeing your message. No other performance-based network can provide that level of assurance, and that?s an increasingly important value-added service to advertisers.?

AzoogleAds has relied on the work of a number of organizations to develop both its policies and its compliance mechanisms on the adware issue, including consumer advocacy groups and individuals such as the <strong>Anti-Spyware Coalition, the Center for Democracy and Technology, and Harvard Researcher, <a target="_new" href="http://www.benedelman.org/">Ben Edelman</a>. </strong>Review the full policy <a target="_new" href="http://www.azoogleads.com/az/new/AUP.htm">here</a>.

<strong>Advertisers and publishers, <a target="_new" href="http://www.azoogleads.com">discover the Azoogle difference here</a>.</strong>
Stay tuned to the 5 Star channel for more AzoogleAds news and their new 5 Star review.

Adware which may sound profitable to several people are mostly killing people's PC and severely slowing them down. Correct me if I am wrong, Adwares are also a threat to personal information being leaked?

Anyways, I had heard about the search engine Gizoogle; and thought Azoogle might be a similar thing. However, I am happy to know that it's fighting for adwares, thus giving us a lil protection against those nasty adwares ;)

Also, I am not sure...I have some questions: (please answer only if you know them, if not ignore them :))

Do they pay via paypal?
Are we required to give tax information to them like google? (US)

Thank you.

I am very anti-adware too so would not promote them unless they were committed to ethical marketing.

Not sure about Paypal, but I think anyone that pays you commission asks for your social for tax purposes. They did just start direct deposit too.

Hearing that Azoogle is abandoning adware is very good news. I hope more companies follow this lead. Maybe some headway can be made against adware by cutting off their source of funding. We can only hope.

Linda Buquet said:
I am very anti-adware too so would not promote them unless they were committed to ethical marketing.

Not sure about Paypal, but I think anyone that pays you commission asks for your social for tax purposes. They did just start direct deposit too.

Well that sucks. There are many companies which strangely don't ask for tax information. Some of them include Clicksor + Bidvertiser. I have accounts with both of those publishing networks. So there may be a chance that Azoogle don't ask for it too. However, I'll try signing up and see if they ask for it.

Eminem said:
Well that sucks. There are many companies which strangely don't ask for tax information. Some of them include Clicksor + Bidvertiser. I have accounts with both of those publishing networks. So there may be a chance that Azoogle don't ask for it too. However, I'll try signing up and see if they ask for it.
Any U.S. based company is required by law to require IRS W9's from individuals that they pay more than $600 in a given year. This is not required if the payee is a company and not an individual, the payer is not required to keep a W9 on file for that payee although this is more of a gray area. Many companies require W9s from subcontractors simply to help stay out of this legal tax gray area and to maintain documentation of a subcontractor relationship and not an employee relationship.

My advice for individuals who participate in affiliate programs or the like is to get a taxpayer ID so that they do not need to use their SSN for these purposes.

MI
Back