The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Autoresponder

kenneth101

I am new at affiliate marketing and work out of my home. I have been looking into adding an autoresponder to give visitors to my site the opportunity to leave their email address and receive a newsletter. But all the autoresponders I have looked at want a physical address. I assume the physical address will go at the end of any emails sent by the autoresponder. I am concerned about putting my home address on the internet.

How do those of you who work out of your home handle the request for your physical address? Am I being overly concerned about having my home address on the internet? Is a physical address required on emails sent by an autoresponder? Does the physical address have something to do with spam? Which autoresponder would you recommend for a newbie?

Thanks for your help.

I would recommend AWeber without any doubt. (the link is my affiliate link). It's the most professional and reliable one really. All the big guys in this industry use it. The opt-in forms are cool and customizable. And it's super simple to set up with their set-up wizard.

About the physical address, I'm targeting different niches and I have different pen names so actually I just entered a fake physical address for some of my lists. I don't think it's such a big deal you know. I mean maybe some people here will tell you that it's wrong but I don't think it's a problem if you're not confortable with putting your real address.

Just my 2 cents... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be careful about putting a fake address in your autoresponder. If an affiliate finds out that the address is fake, they may become concerned about the legitimacy of your business. There are so many scams out there that any sign of lies or dishonesty is likely to scare people away. Its up to you, but I would consider opening a PO Box instead and using that as your address. PO Boxes are generally not too expensive and it will allow you to preserve your anonymity while still appearing professional.

yes that's actually right... the best option is a P.O. box for sure. shame on me! But I think we should not be forced to enter a physical address though.

I completely agree. In my opinion, posting your physical address is like posting your social security number or bank account information. Just generally a bad idea...

I remember aweber... I posted my address, but haven't written number of apartments and then they email to me: what's up? our letter isn't reached to you, state the correct address. Something like that.
Why they needed to send me physical letter?
By the way, I don't use aweber, I would advise rapidresponsebot to beginners.

definitely a po box can work. you can also rent addresses. maybe a friend will let you use their business address. every business should have an address.

banners
Back