The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Autoresponder content question

affiliate_marketer

affiliate
Hello all,

I was wondering how I should put together content in my email autoresponder series in the internet marketing field. I have a number of 3 day email autoresponder (marketing of the product) series for different IM clickbank products. For instanct 3 day series on the SEO Elite product, 3 day series on the Super Affiliate ebook etc. My question is:

Would you recommend mixing all those 3 day email series for each product with other free content such as free articles, ebooks or e courses?

Should I first provide the free articles or ebooks and then spread those marketing emails in between the free content?

To illustrate my questions here's an example:

Day 1: free article on search engine marketing (should I have a link to SEO Elite here?)
day 2: free ebook on SEO
Day 3: SEO Elite (1st product marketing email)
day 4: free article on getting ranked by Google
day 5: free article on PPC
day 6: SEO Elite (2nd product marketing email)
day 7: free ebook on backlinking
day 8: SEO Elite (final product marketing email)

Should I still have links (signatures) to the SEO Elite product in the free articles (day, 1, day 4, day 5)and ebooks (day 2, day 7)? or only in days 3, 6 and 8 where the entire email is devoted to marketing the product?

How often should I send my emails out and should I decrease the frequency after the initial few emails? For instance, going from every other day to once per week.

Should I repeat the same sequence (same frequency) for another IM product such as "Super Affililiate" and then have very targeted free content (articles and ebooks on becoming affiliate marketing) and mixed in with the product marketing emails?

I'm assuming that if I sent out a lot of product marketing emails only, let's say every other day without any articles or ebooks I would get a lot of unsubscribes.

Any specific advice? Thank you.

Arek

Arek,

You are better off making sure each email series addresses the niche that your subscribers signed up for. For instance, if you are marketing SEO Elite, that fits the internet marketing niche. If you are marketing Super Affiliate Handbook, that fits people interested in affiliate marketing.

While both types of marketing can overlap, each niche subscriber will expect material targeting their specific needs.

As far as timing of your emails, the recommended approach is to send them every 2-3 days, and make very third message a solo promotion. After your initial push (perhaps a 14-day mini course), back off your mailings to once a week and then to about 3x a month.

Whether or not you include your sig at the bottom promoting the same product doesn't really matter. But you will want to make any links at the bottom, not as anchor text or other type of link within the articles. That would turn off your readers. It makes it look too much like you are trying to "sell" to them, which is not what they expect at this stage.

Let them learn to trust you first by sending non-promo emails, including no sigs or links, for about 3 weeks before pitching them.

Sylvia

banners
Back