The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

August CANCELLED - SoCal Affiliate Networking - Party at CJU

Linda Buquet

affiliate
End O' Summer Party

Hi All,

AffiliatePrograms.com and I are planning to start having monthly SoCal Affiliate Networking Meetings. I went to one up in Vancouver that was awesome. The face to face contact and being able to talk to other like minded people - in person insted of on a forum or by IM was simply priceless.

We all work so independently and are isolated. Especially since half the time family and friends don't understand what we do. For most of us, if we were at a normal party and started talking algos, feeds, cookies and spider food, people would think we were nuts. It's so cool to be in a room full of people that are talking the same language.

We are planning the 1st meeting Sat August 27th from 3 - 5PM. I figured that would give people fun in the Sun/surfing/family time during the day and yet would not interfere with any dinner or party plans anyone had Saturday night. Although after we network anyone that wants to stay and have dinner as a group can. In Canada I think around 36 showed up for networking & cocktails and everyone stayed and had dinner. Some great friendships and alliances were formed.

This 1st meeting will be very fun and informal, however the one's that show up will have a voice in planning what they want for future meetings. Meetings down the road could be planned for a different time or be longer and include a speaker or panels. But for now it's just networking, sharing, support and fun.

We are looking for a fun, easy access OC restaurant with a beach patio. Thinking OC so it would be fairly easy for LA folks or even all our friends like Shawn who are down in San Diego to come. I already know 2 SD people that are planning the trip. One is an affiliate from this forum. Maybe you guys could car pool! Come-on it will be fun. An end of summer party!

More info soon. Shannon is working on an eVite with all the details. Still trying to track down a location, if you have any ideas.

Sound good? Anyone in want to come? PM me if you do so I can add you to the eVite list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

We have time and location all set for the SoCal "End Of Summer Affiliate Happy Hour". Saturday August 27th mid-afternoon. Conveniently located between Long Beach and Huntington Beach - right off the 405.

Shannon from AffiliatePrograms designed our beautiful Evite that has all the details. We just literally finished it and are just now beginning to tell people, so hardly anyone has registered yet. But we think we will have a pretty good turn out.

Just fill out the Evite to let us know if you are coming. RSVPs are required in advance so we can reserve enough space.

Hope you can join us!

http://www.evite.com/shanon@affiliateprograms.com/happyhour827

CJU Party

GOING TO CJU In SEPTEMBER??? Let's Party!

We are also planning a get-together/network party Saturday 9/17 before CJU starts on Sunday, for those of you who are coming into beautiful Santa Barbara early. Stay tuned to the 5 Star Forum for more details.

We are so sorry, but due to a variety of issues outside of anyone's control we need to cancel the LA/OC August meeting. We apologize for any inconvenience, but it couldn't be helped. We will work to re-schedule another meeting as soon as we can and will let you know.

Several of us are still trying to organize a party at CJU - Waiting on CJ to post an agenda so we know what evening would be best without conflicting with any scheduled CJ events.

I'm actually relieved in a way. I was going to have to cancel because I'm taking care of my nieces this weekend. Including my kids, I'll be dealing with 4 kids under 4 years old!

Well glad it worked OK although I was really looking forward to meeting you!

Just found out Search Engine Watch is working on an Event in Oct in Anahiem.
Since I'm a mod I will be helping to organize that one. Maybe we can hook up then?

4 kids under 4??? Have fun! Better you than me!

Phew! I survived this first experience with that many kids. More to follow - my brother-in-law is having heart surgery in Oct or Nov and will be in the hospital in Los Angeles for about two weeks, so his kids will be staying part of that time with me, part with my mother, so my sister can spend time with her husband at the hospital. He has to have it due to a condition he was born with.

Sorry to hear about your brother's upcoming surgery, but glad you made it through the weekend, Steph! That's lots o' kids to deal with!

banners
Back