The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Attracting Affiliates Worldwide

dmward50

affiliate
Hi there!

I just got off the phone with a merchant who is going to have me set up and manage his affiliate program (ok- it's someone I know personally, so it's not the biggest achievement, but it's something).

Here's my trouble. He has a great product, the site has good traffic, a decent conversion rate (still waiting for him to get back to me with a specific number), and all the trappings of an ideal affiliate program. However, it is specifically a winter sports product. This is great for us during the North American winter. The merchant and I are both based in Salt Lake- and most of the year, it's the home of both the US Snowboard and Ski teams. Between us, we know a fair number of winter Olympic athletes and even got his products on several of them in Vancouver.

If it's not obvious by now, though, here's the problem. Our connections would be great if I was launching this in October- but I'm launching it in late March- there's probably 6 weeks of ski season left around here. Now- the ski season is about to begin in the Southern hemisphere, but I'm not sure how to reach affiliates there. I know there are ton of affiliates in Australia and New Zealand, but I'm not sure how to geographically target affiliate promotion. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I think I'm going to start with a network. Probably SaS, but I'm not sure yet. He has a really brilliant design and web building team in-house, so I may implement an in-house solution as well- but I thought I'd start on a network.

Well once you decide if you are going with SAS check with them to see if you can do recruiting by geo location.

Oh and congrats on getting the project!

MI
Back