The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Asking For Help

Redness44

affiliate
Hello All,

I'd like to ask for help from any & all of the super / pro / successful affiliate marketers, regardless of your marketing style.

I've been working at this now for about 4 months. Since I started, I've read all the sticky's, forums, blogs etc, etc..... All this seems to have done is scatter my brain and give me blurred vision. I have accumulated many tools and have a familiarity with PPC, article marketing, and SEO. I have 2 blogs set up, and currently testing 3 direct linking campaigns (1 adwords and 2 yahoo SM).

I feel I'm headed nowhere fast and with no focus because of all the options and types of marketing out there.

Which brings me to this.....I'd like to ask if anyone of you pro / super / successful AM's would be willing to IM or talk with me to help me see a more clear picture of the path I'm headed down.

Thanks to any and all.

Bryan

Bryan,

I used to experience that head-swimming type of feeling, too. You're not the first and won't be the last. ;)

A great e-book to focus with is Jeremy Palmer's "High Performance Affiliate Marketing." Get it free at Quit Your Day Job - Upgrade Your Life

Brainstorm a niche. Something you enjoy, a hobby, past-experience, something that you would find great joy in writing and telling people about. The start a web site or blog or both on the niche. Create a lot of great, original content.

After you start receiving a consistent 50+ visits a day, start to monetize it with, say, Adsense and find some affiliate programs that match the niche. Things that will enhance the reader's visit.

Turn away from the barrage of garbage offering you overnight riches; that will NEVER happen. This business takes a lot of work, but the payoffs are awesome.

Content is king. Keep going forward and never, ever give up.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks OCG. I'm absolutely sold out on this business, so there will be no giving up. I'll definitely keep moving, hopefully more foreward than back. I'm just hoping to clear the fog a little.

It's normal to feel overwhelmed but you will reach a point where you have that ah-ha moment and it will all start to come together and make sense.

The best thing you can do to clear the fog is to try really hard to focus. Pick one niche, one site, one or 2 marketing methods and work them hard. I'm not certain where you are at but it could be you are at the point where you should try to stop reading so much and just do.

One of biggest problems can be analysis paralysis and many times you can get stuck just due to pure fear of failure or fear of making mistakes. Realize in this business where you will learn the most is from trying and failing, so try not to be so afraid. Easier said than done, I know.

Hi Bryan

I've been in your shoes. I still have a drive or 2 full of ejunk.

The advice you are getting is spot on - Pick a subject you know a little about & create a site that you would want to read, don't fret too much about the graphics to start with its quality content you want & so do the search engines.

If your site is worth reading it will get readers. If not you will find it on page 20 with a poor quality score where even PPC can't help you.

Another way of creating an affiliate linked site that i have had allot of success with is combining suppliers products into a new "affiliate" store. Write reviews of the various products lay your site out like a store & add buy now or more info links that link directly to the product page if possible. Shareasale is a great resource for this.

Good Luck

MI
Back