The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Articles, Telling a story or not?

1million1

affiliate
Hello everyone,

I am looking into writeing articles for promotion of web sites. I was wondering if the article should be a story (500-600 words) with facts sprinkled through out the story. Or just another boring article telling about the product/service.

Example:
John Doe has a problem with xyz and he goes to his friend about xyz and the friend recommends that he try abc product/service. Because the friend was able to solve this problem and found that abc product/service did the job for him.

Like a ad you hear/see on the radio/tv where you have two friends talking to each other.

Stories are more interesting to read than just a boring factual articles. I know I just skim over a article, but when I do see a story I'm more inclined to read and finish the article (if its not to long). I had a expert tell me years ago when I was in sales that "Facts tell, but stories sell".

What are your thoughts about a article being in a story form with facts sprinkled in the article?

Thanks,
1million1

That's an interesting question! I quite like writing them as stories because they're more interesting for me to write than standard articles, but I'm not sure whether they are any more effective!

SWinchester,

I like writing them as stories as well. I have not posted any articles yet. I was wanting some feed back from the "Pros".

I can't wait to read their expert advice on this.

The story is a good way how to get the reader's attention. It gives you a chance to write something what is not boring and what will the visitors read from the beginning to the end. Remember, that your resource box is in the end of the article so the visitor must read the whole article to see a link to your website.

I don't like long posts and think that author should divide long post into some short ones. So, I vote for 1000-3000 symbols per article.

I prefer medium articles of about 1000 words. In my opinion it is a compromise between lack of information in the article and the inclination of others to read it.

I think a story is a great way to enhance a point you're making in an article, perhaps as an elaborate example of something you're trying to emphasize.

I want it to make the reader say "Jeeze, who is this person? They are sharp, and I want to read and learn more". So, instead of "sprinkling information" I want it packed full of information that will actually help them, but also want to seem friendly and have some personality and excitement in it also, so stories are a good way to do this.

Remember this! It may be boaring to you, but that reader had an interest in what your title was or they would not have clicked it, and they are probably excited and anticipating to learn some "secret" or "trick" that the experts know and you (as an expert) are going to reveal to them.

This in a nutsheel is what brings you the clicks and gets the articles republished, both are goals you want...right?

Think about the first time you read about making money online, what you were feeling, and this applies to all articles. It does not matter if it is growing the "most incredible tomatoes" or how to install "a new high tech laminate wood floor" in your kitchen. They are excited about it. Help them maintain that excitement and you will be rewarded with traffic that deems you as the "expert" they seek.

Hope this helps.

I think a lot would depend on the topic, type of story/product involved, etc. You can always mix a little of both into one article, too. Or you could write two articles, promote them the same and see which one performs better for you...

Stories are great, but you want to make sure they click on the link at the end. The best way to do that is to give them just enough information to get up their excitement or interest. This way they will feel that they missed out on something if they don't click on your link at the end of your article.

I have some experience with writing articles and I always ask myself what does
the reader find interesting? What would they want to know and what would they already know?

It also depends on the subject of your article. Is it quite new or are there thousands of articles of that subject already? Because if so then it is harder to keep the reader with you.

I think that the writing style of your article depends greatly on the vision and goal of the article. Before writing anything the writer must decide if it the purpose is to drive sales, for seo, to captivate the reader so they increase top, or even the build trust so the potential customer will continue to go through the website and eventually purchase.

I like to write articles from the "story standpoint," too...building up to the "punchline"--point of the article. And then in the last paragraph or two, I sum up the information (give the moral, etc.) I want the reader to have about the product or service, or why I'm writing the article in the first place.

It seems to me articles like that will be more interesting and the reader will be be more inclined to want what I'm offering. And, the reader would also be more inclined to read to the end of your article.:)

banners
Back