The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Are you religious?

I believe in a great power, definitely. Probably something beyond what our minds are able to comprehend though. How about you, Oliver??

Im not sure why things such as political opinions, and religious beliefs of lack thereof should be so sensitive. We as human regularly talk about the intimate details of the human condition everyday, but this one thing eludes us even though we question ourselves about it all the time. I understand some people may be sensitive about and I am not speaking to those because if you are unable to have serious discussions about life matters, then I will probably not be in the habit of having discussions with you anyway IMO.

We unfortunately like in a world that is directed by the sensitive emotions of so many people that it can become stiffing , almost impossible to have open discussion about anything without someone running away crying. Great societies were not built this way, they were weakened this way however.

The question of God is simple to me. I believe there is a God. Some may not like to use the work "God" but come on people, its only a designation of a concept that is beyond our own comprehension. It is very presumptuous of us a semi-evolved species to assume we know it all and proudly proclaim that there is nothing out there. You might as well say the same thing about those who believe in aliens. Science is not burning God, but rather slowly revealing Gods nature in the universe. I can only speak this way because of personal experiences.

The normal way these conversations go is an atheist and a theist will get together and one will make fun of the other until they get tired, however I think it is time to have a sincere discussion on this issue without all the rhetoric. I am not one of those bible thumping people, rather I do not call myself anything but an open skeptic that has seen more evidence in favor then against, therefore I have to logically make the decision to believe...or as some say "take a leap of faith" but honestly when do we know anything for "sure" everyday we are taking leaps of faith based on imperfect information.

I said that it is a sensitive topic cause in my place, it is :D
When someone talks about his/her religion, some stranger will come up to say what he wants to say about it.
Haha!

I usually don't want to talk about it when I know there will be a quarrel or something that will happen which is common in my place :D

MI
Back