The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Honeybadger

AffKit Ninja
Interested to know online shopping experience of left-handed people (10%) in right-hand dominated (90%) market
  1. Are there best and worst websites for left-handed people?
  2. It's left-handed UX getting better or worse?
  3. What apps or special features we can use to make your left hand browsing easier?
  4. Did you use niche 'left-handed' websites with right-handed navigation and want to strangle someone?
  5. Anything else problem or solution about left-handed online shopping?
I will use your answers to make better accessibility for my customers, optional left or right navigation in 2021 on all my sites

I'm left handed. Never have I felt like a website wasn't as useable for me as it would've been for right handed people.

Didn't even know "right handed design" was a thing until I read your post :)
Edit, There are thousands of blogs and website about this
Would it be easier for you to shop left hand or right hand menu?

I've only ever seen websites with the menu on the left side. (Except some rare exceptions). I'm used to it so menu's on the otherside (than normal) are harder for me to use tbh.

For example when its checkout and all buttons on right side, if I give option also for left do you think it will help?

I write with my left hand, but use a mouse with my right hand. I never knew there were left handed user interfaces. I know a few other left handed people, and they always use the mouse with their right hand, and (as far as I know) have never questioned web pages being right hand centric. Giving the option to make the site easier to use for left handed people sounds like a fun experiment, but I think all us left handers have been conditioned into believing it's just a right hander's world (wide web).

Giving the option to make the site easier to use for left handed people sounds like a fun experiment, but I think all us left handers have been conditioned into believing it's just a right hander's world

@txdavid
I'm interested in solving problems
That's what I look for as affiliate marketer
Problems to solve
But is it a problem for you?
Maybe I created a problem

Asking because if it's a real problem I can create a left-handed website very easily

@txdavid
Problems to solve

Asking because if it's a real problem I can create a left-handed website very easily
It's not a problem for me.
@txdavid
Problems to solve

Solving problems is awesome, and I don't think you created a problem. It's not a problem for me, but you know what? I'd try out a left handed site, and I'm sure left handers everywhere would appreciate your endeavor.

I'm not left-handed but my son and one of my sisters both are. I actually sent them both a message to get their feedback on this for you. Neither have a problem with using a site menu or checkout as they are on most sites.

Like most southpaws (lefties), they grew up in a right-handed world and adapted. They write and do some things left handed but do a lot of other things right handed out of necessity, including using their computer mouse. They're used to it Biggest complaint I've heard from them over the years is the difficulty in using can openers.

My sister said that there are some true lefties that use a left-handed mouse but not a lot. She said only about 10% of the population are left-handed. I know 10% could be a lot of people but apparently, most of them use a right-handed mouse, too.

No idea how helpful that might be to you. Are you able to test it against the right-handed version?

P.S. I thought my sister was done talking but she sent me one last message to let me know that she personally would not go to a site just because it was leftie-friendly.

Also...
There might be lefties interested but of all the lefties I know, this would not be a deal breaker.

Sorry. :( But I wanted to let you know.

No idea how helpful that might be to you.

That's very helpful
TYVM for getting this feedback
Very interesting about the can opener
I haven't checked search volumes
But if left hand product searches are 1,000/month*
Then I will create a left handed products site, with left handed navigation
Can also add buttons "Was this helpful?" yes/no for feedback

Some interesting left-handed facts from Statista
I didn't know it was such a high percentage of the population
statista.com/chart/20708/rate-of-left-handedness-in-selected-countries/
  1. Netherlands 13.23%
  2. USA 13.10%
  3. Canada 12.80%
  4. UK 12.24%
  5. France 11.15%
  6. Germany 9.83%
  7. Spain 9.63%
  8. India 5.20%
  9. Japan 4.70%
  10. China 3.50%
Edit --> Removed the infographic image as it's not accessible for people with blindness

That's an interesting graph of stats!

My curious mind wonders why some countries have so many more lefties than others. But it's getting late and I'm tired. :D

China has a bazillion people yet the lowest number of lefties. Huh!

But if left hand product searches are 1,000/month*

Check can openers and scissors, including scissors for little kids. Maybe some sports equipment, too. Baseball gloves, etc. Assuming that's the type of stuff you meant when you mentioned products.

My lefty family members had teachers switch them to right-handed scissors when they were little (even though I asked them not to for my son) and they found it really difficult. They don't have a problem with it anymore now that they're adults but it was a hard adjustment for them as kids. Instead of cutting, they pulled the paper apart when trying to use the scissors.

If you go ahead with a lefty site, I can ask one or both of them to try the navigation, if you want.

Google US/month Search Volume
Sources --> Semrush (SR), Neil Patel (NP)

Seems to be strong niches in left handed golf clubs, and left handed guitars
  • left handed 18,100 (SR)
  • left handed guitar 18,100 (SR)
  • left handed golf clubs 9,900 (SR)
  • left handed acoustic guitar 5,400 (SR)
  • left handed electric guitar 5,400 (SR)
  • left handed mouse 5,400 (SR)
  • left handed scissors 5,400 (SR)
  • left handed drill bit 5,400 (SR)
  • left handed driver 2,900 (NP)
  • left handed pencil 1,400 (NP) o_O:confused:
  • left handed pens 1,200 (NP) o_O:confused:
  • left handed putters 1,000 NP)
  • left handed keyboard 900 (NP)
  • left handed ukelele 800 (NP) o_O:confused:
  • left handed bass 800 (NP)

MI
Back