The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Are there any legit cam websites that offer a referral program?

W

webcamagent

I recently learned that some camming sites pay you a percentage of the earnings of every model you refer to their platform. The idea caught my attention, so I did my research on the subject because I thought being a cam model agent had a lot of potential to make bank.
After a few days of investigation, I found out that most big names in the industry such as InternetModeling, AWEmpire and I-CAMZ scam their models and agents. This got me really disappointed as I was really eager to start working in the field but it looks like there are very few sites that run a referral program and the ones that do aren't trustworthy.

Does anyone know of a camming site or studio that actually pays its agents?

please describe you whant work as studio or as webmaster... or you whant only refer model

The potential you see is mostly in your imagination ...

Only a relatively new and unknown webcam site will be profitable for referring models maybe.

The reason why is that there are closed to the public cam girl forums and also open to the public forums like
where camgirl's (performers or wanna bes) exchange information about the webcam business.
You are not an insider --you are not a credible authority

Second problem is: you have no control over not getting shaved on any rev-share deal on model referrals.
Without any access to the referred camgirl's dashboard and being able to audit her revenues leaves you at the mercy of the cam site operator.

If you operate a studio, some webcam sites may accept a virtual studio (e.g. "cyber pimping'); then you would have dashboard access as a studio manager as well as have the responsibility of paying your performers their cut of the revenue --This is called a first-count situation --but in reality; it is a second count after the website 'pencils' your revenue and adjusts it for any legitimate deductions; refunded or charged back amounts.
Welcome to the Adult Webcam Snake Pit :rolleyes:

Last edited:
please describe you whant work as studio or as webmaster... or you whant only refer model
I'm only interested in referring models.
The potential you see is mostly in your imagination ...

Only a relatively new and unknown webcam site will be profitable for referring models maybe.

The reason why is that there are closed to the public cam girl forums and also open to the public forums like
where camgirl's (performers or wanna bes) exchange information about the webcam business.
You are not an insider --you are not a credible authority

Second problem is: you have no control over not getting shaved on any rev-share deal on model referrals.
Without any access to the referred camgirl's dashboard and being able to audit her revenues leaves you at the mercy of the cam site operator.

If you operate a studio, some webcam sites may accept a virtual studio (e.g. "cyber pimping'); then you would have dashboard access as a studio manager as well as have the responsibility of paying your performers their cut of the revenue --This is called a first-count situation --but in reality; it is a second count after the website 'pencils' your revenue and adjusts it for any legitimate deductions; refunded or charged back amounts.
Welcome to the Adult Webcam Snake Pit :rolleyes:
Whoa, what a way to get my hopes down.

The first "problem" is not really a problem, as I would be targeting girls that do not know anything about the business, but the second one is indeed a major obstacle. In fact, that's what I was referring to when I said big names in the industry "scam" their agents.

Is there any way to overcome these situations you talk about?

Thanks a lot for your response. I saw your reply to a similar thread and immediately thought about joining the forum to ask you a few questions as you seem highly knowledgeable, so you're actually the reason I'm here.

Maybe, that is because from 2004-2016 I was involved in the management of web cam sites :D
I am very cynical about that business as I have seen it from the insides.

Well, I would suggest that you make a website with a blind signup for cam girl/(other performers) and get their emails first --you will see how 'easy' it is at first.

Should you succeed: take it from there.

Create a group of sites the potential model(s) can register with. Email them that signup and use a redirection to ensure that your account might get credited for your work. Cookie slippage will be a factor and if the referral uses that email link again to completer her sign up, paperwork submissions and photos are needed --return visits are common with performer sign-ups --you might just get paid.

How many models have you recruited already? You are in for a learning experience ... :D
To be completely honest, I have yet to recruit a single model. I'm new to the industry so I have little to no experience, but one thing is for sure: I have the conviction to succeed at this business, and I will.

Again, I'm really glad you responded. I really appreciate you taking the time to help a newbie out.

Maybe, that is because from 2004-2016 I was involved in the management of web cam sites :D
I am very cynical about that business as I have seen it from the insides.

Well, I would suggest that you make a website with a blind signup for cam girl/(other performers) and get their emails first --you will see how 'easy' it is at first.

Should you succeed: take it from there.

Create a group of sites the potential model(s) can register with. Email them that signup and use a redirection to ensure that your account might get credited for your work. Cookie slippage will be a factor and if the referral uses that email link again to completer her sign up, paperwork submissions and photos are needed --return visits are common with performer sign-ups --you might just get paid.

How many models have you recruited already? You are in for a learning experience ... :D

I have worked as an affiliate with Streamray which is the affiliate network for Friendfinder, Cams and others. I have been paid for several referrals, their tracking seems solid. One thing I learned is the opt for the per-member signup links rather than the revenue sharing.

I recently learned that some camming sites pay you a percentage of the earnings of every model you refer to their platform. The idea caught my attention, so I did my research on the subject because I thought being a cam model agent had a lot of potential to make bank.
After a few days of investigation, I found out that most big names in the industry such as InternetModeling, AWEmpire and I-CAMZ scam their models and agents. This got me really disappointed as I was really eager to start working in the field but it looks like there are very few sites that run a referral program and the ones that do aren't trustworthy.

Does anyone know of a camming site or studio that actually pays its agents?
I don't think they're scammers. Affiliate deals are a matter of discussion and negotiation. And of reading fine prints. Speak to an affiliate manager, negotiate a deal that would make you profitable and then read over the affiliate T&C. Send a couple of conversions. Would be pretty surprising if something still suddenly went wrong

I have worked as an affiliate with Streamray which is the affiliate network for Friendfinder, Cams and others

However, they did pay all of their personnel, performers and affiliates ... Scammed all the stockholders though ...

Legit Cam Site is an oxymoron ... so are Oil Deals :p been there done both ;) Watch your back

MI
Back