The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Are the review sites efficient in traffic generation or improving conversion?

A

Aleksandra Hosting.co.uk

I have a question for advertisers mostly. Do you believe that online review sites such as TrustPilot or Review Centre can drive some more traffic to you website? Can they improve conversion rate or increase the value of market basket? Do you have any experience or statistics that you could share?

I have a question for advertisers mostly. Do you believe that online review sites such as TrustPilot or Review Centre can drive some more traffic to you website? Can they improve conversion rate or increase the value of market basket? Do you have any experience or statistics that you could share?
Yes, they do.
If the review sites are legit, then most of the reviews are authentic.
Let me explain you more. If you consider buyer's journey stages - searching - consideration - decision making then reviews sites fall under consideration stage. They help buyer's to make a decision. So I would rather say, they improve conversion rate, rather give more traffic to your website.

Hi Affiliate PlayerAuctions, Thank you for your reply. You might be right that review sites improve conversion, but I still have some doubts. If the buyer visited our site and what to make a purchase, but still needs some confirmation that he is making a right decision then checking the reviews (assuming they are excellent) would push him to really buy. Nevertheless I could imagine that there would be some customers that will gain awareness of other brands by checking the reviews and they may resign from buying in their preselected place. Of course it works both ways, so we could gain and loose some clients. At the end maybe the two effects neutralize each other... ?

MI
Back