The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Are native ads what I want?

schleprock

Native Ads match the content I am advertising to the article the ad is being shown on, correct?
So it would be a little like Google Adsense, advertising to sell clock radios would be placed on a site or in an article that discusses clock radios (or atleast clocks, or maybe radios, but something close).
But it is much cheaper than search traffic and it cannot go to a landing page, it needs to go to an article and I can have banners, a small slide - in ad (does not cover any text in the article, only the sidebar), or something like that.

Is that correct?

I am in the addiction niche. so about 1 in 13 people have this problem, 1 in 4 if you count the tangential damage done by drunks. But addiction is not a survey or political opinion, so I sort of need targeted traffic. Which brings me to Push Ads.

Would Push Ads work for this? Can they be targeted to show up when people show an interest in addiction type things.

Or what other ads should I be looking at?

Maybe Bing Ads Audience Ads are an option. Is Bing Display Network (Audience) as targeted as Native Ads?

You can't really target addicts of any kind via Push ads, but (as in the case with Native) if your message is strong enough for some people, they will click and potentially convert, and if not, you won't pay for the impression from them (at least not in Zeropark, as we are working on CPC).

So it is definitely worth to give Push Ads a try. And you can use our platform for this, check us out :)

1. You can target ads if you are able to look at and select that particular website.
  2. You can locate the websites with keyword searches and see if they are on that ad networks list.
Big maybe here ^ and very time consuming unless you can automate the process (self coded api).

That is not too bad of targeting. If I make a clear ad, people will know if they are interested or not. They will click or they won't.
I've been trying some LookSmart traffic for a few weeks, sometimes it is good, sometimes it is crap. As far as I can tell (from looking at Google Analytics) LookSmart buys all its traffic from ClicksOcean.

Anyway, none of it is converting. So I am going to move on to something else.

MI
Back