The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Any way to track the number of downloads?

Aditya Saha

affiliate
Hey guys!
Don't know, if this is the right section to post. Mods please bear me.
I made a simple site with html and I want to track the number of downloads of a file hosted in my server.
Example
Code:
http://www.example.com/file.zip

I want to know the total number of dowbloads of that particular file.
I have used anchor tags to refer it.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, Aditya!

I'm not quite sure what your exact problem is, but I encourage you to write our support with a detailed explanation, and they'll help you sort it out quickly. Their contact is support@adsbridge.com :)

Let's get this fixed!

-Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Do you have a thank you page once the download is finished?
2. When the user opens the file, can you launch a browser/page?

If one of those is an option, you can simply place an image pixel and it will track every single download.

The last option is to fire a postback URL from your server once the file has downloaded, but it will require some addtional settings
1. Capture a clickid
2. Fire the postback from your server with the clickid once the download has completed.

Trackingdesk can provide both options, just let us know if you need any help.

i did that one time via php
also u can do it by google analitics using events tracking i guess that will be good and easy for u

Probably the easy way is to reditect the user after the download to a thank you page. You can use a conversion pixel or a postback, but you can also just track the number of visitors to the thank you page. The math should be 1 visitor = 1 download. You can do this just using Google Analytics.

MI
Back