The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Any good Litespeed ssd hosting?

G

Grashin

I have heard that Litespeed ssd hosting is really faster than regular hosting. Is it true?
What reliable hosts with Litespeed server and ssd hosting accounts do you know and can recommend me to look at?

The one I have found is Hostwinds. Do you know anything about this host?
Any info please? Discounts?

Hi,

May be this would help you.

1. HDD
HDD stands for Hard Disk Drive. This is the traditional hard drive that stores data on platters. Inside a Hard Disk there are many spinning disks (platters). The Hard Disk head stores and reads data from the platters by moving around its axis while the platters spin extremely fast. This mechanical action leads to delayed response time, technically referred to as access time.
Pros:
- Lots of disk space available – Current capacities range from 500 GB to 4 TB
- Lower cost – You can get a standard HDD for about $50 - $200.
Cons:
- Very slow performance compared to SSDs.
If your website does not require a high performance and your application is not using millions of small files that are accessed randomly, you should consider a HDD hosting plan. In other words, if you are a start-up or your website is supposed to be just a presentation page with a low number of visitors then you should go for a HDD hosting plan.

2. SSD
SSD stands for Solid State Drive. Unlike the HDD, the SSD stores data on microchips. Because it has no moving parts that have to reach a specific point to read the data, the SSD has virtually no delays in serving the read/write requests.
Pros:
- Very high performance – They serve random data about 100 times faster than a HDD
- Very high transfer speed – About 5 times larger throughput
Cons:
- Higher cost – While a low end 120 GB SSD is about $100 expect to pay about $3500 for an 800 GB enterprise grade SSD.
- Limited storage space – These drives average capacity is about 250 GB and up to 1 TB, with the latter being overly expensive
If your website requires high performance, fast response time and uses random data access, you should probably opt for a SSD hosting plan. In other words, if you running a very busy site you should probably go for a SSD.
So bottom line is that, there's no right or wrong answer. Before choosing a hosting plan, you should access what's more important: lots of storage for a couple of pennies, or high performance for an extra cost. Both hosting options are good if chosen for the right purpose.

Regards,
Victor

You're in luck! We're offering a free month of SSD hosting for one of our promotions. Feel free to get in contact.

Hostwinds is reliable and reputed host known for its super fast speed connectivity.
Use the coupon code: 50OFF16 for 50% off their first month!

You will get pure solid-state (SSD) storage and high-capacity network connectivity that provide blazing fast speeds.

I started with hostwinds about two years ago. They were quite friendly and helpful in getting my website transferred over to them. I have had some technical question and I have always received answers promptly. Their support staff is US-based which is a help as far as I'm concerned.

It really depend on what content you hosting, if normal website html or wordpress hosting. There isn't any much different from the normal hosting.

I started with hostwinds about two years ago. They were quite friendly and helpful in getting my website transferred over to them. I have had some technical question and I have always received answers promptly.

For a shared ssd hosting account, they have great features and service. The technical support is limited to extremely basic and simplistic questions. If you need to ask any questions out of ordinary you're on your own.

They have great prices and understand the importance of reliable web hosting. I recommend hostwinds.com

There are some SSD hosting service provider like fastcomet who also provide some website optimization services. You are looking for a fast website so you might want to check them out.

May be this would help you.

1. HDD
HDD stands for Hard Disk Drive. This is the traditional hard drive that stores data on platters. Inside a Hard Disk there are many spinning disks (platters). The Hard Disk head stores and reads data from the platters by moving around its axis while the platters spin extremely fast. This mechanical action leads to delayed response time, technically referred to as access time.
Pros:
- Lots of disk space available – Current capacities range from 500 GB to 4 TB
- Lower cost – You can get a standard HDD for about $50 - $200.
Cons:
- Very slow performance compared to SSDs.
If your website does not require a high performance and your application is not using millions of small files that are accessed randomly, you should consider a HDD hosting plan. In other words, if you are a start-up or your website is supposed to be just a presentation page with a low number of visitors then you should go for a HDD hosting plan.

2. SSD
SSD stands for Solid State Drive. Unlike the HDD, the SSD stores data on microchips. Because it has no moving parts that have to reach a specific point to read the data, the SSD has virtually no delays in serving the read/write requests.
Pros:
- Very high performance – They serve random data about 100 times faster than a HDD
- Very high transfer speed – About 5 times larger throughput
Cons:
- Higher cost – While a low end 120 GB SSD is about $100 expect to pay about $3500 for an 800 GB enterprise grade SSD.
- Limited storage space – These drives average capacity is about 250 GB and up to 1 TB, with the latter being overly expensive
If your website requires high performance, fast response time and uses random data access, you should probably opt for a SSD hosting plan. In other words, if you running a very busy site you should probably go for a SSD.
So bottom line is that, there's no right or wrong answer. Before choosing a hosting plan, you should access what's more important: lots of storage for a couple of pennies, or high performance for an extra cost. Both hosting options are good if chosen for the right purpose.

I would recommend you t have a look at kvchosting. They have a lot of SSD solutions started from shared hosting up to dedicated server. I believe with them you will be able to find something really decent.

MI
Back