The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Another canuck hoping to succeed

ralph30

affiliate
Hi,
This is the first time I've joined a marketing forum.I finally decided I need to talk and listen to people who have experience. I have wanted to build an online income for some years and have spent considerable time trying to learn the concepts involved. While I have learned quite a bit from hundreds of various sources I still have a lot to learn. Some things I believe to be true from what I've learned:
It is possible to make a living online.
It isn't quick or easy.You have to work long and hard and continue to learn and work.
Believe nothing online unless you check it out very well and then still be skeptical about it.
Never invest money in anything unless you are very sure of what you are doing and that you actually need it. Most information you want is free somewhere-but may take a while to find.

The things I still need to learn are mostly technical things. This is where I seem to be in the dark.
It seems to me that it would be smarter to own a domain name and pay for a website even starting out. So I bought 2 domain names from Godaddy and was searching for a good cheap webhost to start with but the info about these is so overwhelming and deceptive that I just can't decide who to go with.
My biggest problem in starting is the nuts and bolts of making a website, mostly because I'm a complete idiot when it comes to technical things such as putting links to affiliates and to my other pages or sites. Not that I haven't found sites that explain it;just that they don't explain it well enough for me. I have a long term plan for a central homepage connected to a number of sites that I want to create over time containing subjects that I have a personal interest in and some knowledge about. Right now I'm not working so I want to try see if I can get something off the ground.
Anyway, I'm hoping I can learn more here and mayb even help anyone who knows even less than I do.

Hi Ralph,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

It's normal to feel overwhelmed when you 1st start out. It's not easy to get started and there is no surefire path the success. Lots of ways to get started and no one way is good for everyone. But with focused effort and lots of learning, you can get there!

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started. (There's one about how to start your 1st site and then search the forum for best web host too.)

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. The newbie stickies will explain that, then go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

Ask specific questions after that and we will do our best to help.

Welcome to the forum.

We all have our concerns about our online businesses. Some do work and some don't but by experiencing them is a whole lot better than not experiencing them. You learn faster that way. Just keep a budget in your marketing and try to look for ways where you can cut costs.

For me I am mainly conerned what will happend to me if I don't try, rather what will happen to me if I do try. That question pops in my head everyday....

I wish you luck and checkout everyone on this site there are a lot of great posts you can read and learn from...

banners
Back