The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Anders Larsson Introducing myself

AndersLarsson

Hi everyone, My name is Anders Larsson and I'm a small Yotube Influencer. I started about 3 years ago and been struggling getting traffic but now it seams to be growing. I'm from Sweden and I always worried that because I'm not a native American that it would eventually become a problem. If you have the same thoughts then I can tell you that those thoughts are lies. Yes some people may not vibe with you but everyone are different.
I also worried about not getting any CTA because I don't record myself. My mission early on was to prove everyone wrong and it happens to be that you don't have to show your face. In many cases online gurus that has a charming face are very good at deceiving people because of that and I believe many people understand that.
I'm not about marketing for the sake of making money. The money is not my focus. My focus is to help people out, help people solve a problem.

That's pretty much my introduction
Cheers.

I'm from Sweden and I always worried that because I'm not a native American that it would eventually become a problem.

I can't see why! This industry is not jut an American industry. When you say American, are you referencing North America, Central America, and South America? Or a specific country within the Americas? The Americas are VERY integrated with races, origins, geos, and all other forms of human differences.

worried about not getting any CTA because I don't record myself.

I see CTA (Calls to Action) differently that you. Whether you record yourself, someone else, or something else is not the point. A call to action is an action that can be presented an a multitude of ways.

My mission early on was to prove everyone wrong

This is a non starter. For one to focus on proving everyone wrong is a worthless effort and not at all the same as proving your own success as simply success. in addition, you can never prove "everyone" to be wrong about anything.

Proving anything should be first to prove to yourself (something, anything) before trying to prove anything to anyone else.

Focus on your successes and not on what you find to be the failings of others!

In many cases online gurus that has a charming face are very good at deceiving people

You are sounding like a self deprecating person. You have this conversation all about the things you need to avoid.

I'm not about marketing for the sake of making money.

Okay, well that is the entire purpose of marketing, receiving something of value. It is always for recognition, data collection, and/or money!

Last edited:
Okay, well that is the entire purpose of marketing, receiving something of value. It is always for recognition, data collection, and/or money!
I know it is easy to think that money is the primary goal. But this is a mindset that I have changed. Of course I want freedom, a new house, a new car, quit my job but if I think about the money it just makes me frustrated because I'm not there yet. I'm not a six or seven digit earner.
It is easier to climb the mountain if it is not about the money.

Sure recognition, and/or money is empowering but this is what you get by helping people solve their problem.
Not sure what you mean by data collection?
Do you mean building a list? Proof of result?

Last edited:
You are sounding like a self deprecating person. you have this conversation all about the things you need to avoid.
I don't think like that but I used to when I started. I'm sure anyone in the beginning phase have thoughts maybe like that or other thought they feel ashamed admitting. I just share mine to help someone else.

The freedom you talk of
the new home & the new car
--> these things cost money
affiliate marketing is about making money
1st & foremost it is revenue generation
you do that by proving VALUE
by solving other peoples problem
When I go to YouTube its for quick answers
so give people fast & clear answers
your reward is a % will click & buy
so I think your challange is about format
--> what are your video format issues?
lets talk about how you are converting traffic

affiliate marketing is about making money
Affiliate marketing is about selling other people products. You can do that by building know, like and trust. If they trust you then you present your solution.
If making money is your primary focus then how can you be honest with your message. The message you use to build know, like and trust?
I'm not saying that this is the only way and I have the answer.
There are many different answers.
Maybe your answer is different.

There are online gurus that have success, but there is just something fishy about them that I don't even want to touch with a 10 foot pole. Street hustlers finding success pretending to be life coaches for example.
I just don't want to become one in that category.
I really hope that the guys I help don't get drawn into that.

When you provide value what message do you use. How is it perceived. Do you teach someone to be honest and transparent? Do you teach someone that BS wrapped in Golden Paper is the way. Maybe it wasn't intentionally but they learned that because that is how you market it.
I know there are a lot of marketers that don't agree with me given how much BS you find online.
I'm just being clear with who I'm interested in building a business relation with in the future.

Last edited:
Affiliate marketing is about selling other people products.

Really? That's the only thing we do. Huh! I must be doing it all wrong! The CPA side of my business is all about generating leads for brands and businesses. The content side of my business is all about providing the most comprehensive information to my readers in the luxury markets of chartering private jets, private yachts, and exclusive ultra private destinations. I do monetize the sites, but the primary function is providing information so my ultra wealthy readers can form logical and savvy opinions and decisions. The monetization of those sites, while ancillary, is what pays for them (and my very cozy and wonderful 7 acre compound in the Finger Lakes region of upstate NY).

I appreciate your wanting us to buy into your premises, but having more than 50 years in business in the U.S. I can tell you any efforts that one makes in business better have at least one of the primary roles be MONETIZATION! Without that goal, you will never compete well, if at all, with the others in this industry.

It is good to have a solid foundation of being trusted. I do! However, when a reader of mine charters a private jet from NY to London (or anywhere), I just absolutely love cashing that $2,000, or $3,000, or $5,000 check!

There is nothing immoral about it, there is always trust and respect provided my readers, and I am very up front about the recommendations I make earning me some capital.

This is the way it is in the restaurant business, or nightclubs, or the mainframe biz, or real estate, or software development, just to name a few of the businesses I have owned, operated, and/or bought and sold.

You feel ethics and morals are what must be used to drive a business, NOT TRUE! They are simply an aspect of those that own, operate, or work for a business.

You need some true business "legs" and "backbone". If you were to spout your opinions as you have stated them here somewhere like Harvard, Yale, Brown, Oxford, Cambridge, Syracuse, etc., etc., they would suggest you change the direction of your studies.

Really? That's the only thing we do. Huh!
I'm not sure why you believe I think that's the only thing we do? Maybe put my words out wrong because I'm Swedish?
Selling/promoting other peoples products is just a basic explanation what affiliate marketing is.
How it is done has many different answers.
I'm sure you know your way of marketing really well. In ways that I can't follow.
I mean a business knowledge that took 50 years to build must be very hard to comprehend for a beginner.
But isn't that how we build a business knowledge? Testing, Trial and error.
I know my way of marketing by seeing results. I see what videos make people take action.
It is super easy to create a video about something you want to talk about that are helpful.
Maybe something new you learned. Everyone can do it.
That is what I love with what I do. Building know, like and trust and helping people with my solution.
I don't run a complicated business.

Last edited:
You feel ethics and morals are what must be used to drive a business, NOT TRUE!
I feel ethics and morals and having integrity is crucial to run My business.
It is also an incredibly way to fill a need. People need honesty and transparency.
I'm just positioned to give people that.
So many people are missing that opportunity.

Last edited:
@AndersLarsson
Is it ethical to wear leather shoes?
is it ethical to drive a car?
is it ethical to own & chain a dog?
walk past a homeless dude?
smoke a cigarette?
wear clothing made by children?
flush chemicals in your WC?
or to crush bugs every time you walk outside?
Affiliate marketing is a capitalist venture
its not an eco park with spiritual meditation sessions
if you want yoga then go to yoga class
or lets talk about converting traffic into commission

@AndersLarsson
Is it ethical to wear leather shoes?
is it ethical to drive a car?
is it ethical to own & chain a dog?
walk past a homeless dude?
smoke a cigarette?
wear clothing made by children?
flush chemicals in your WC?
or to crush bugs every time you walk outside?
Affiliate marketing is a capitalist venture
its not an eco park with spiritual meditation sessions
if you want yoga then go to yoga class
or lets talk about converting traffic into commission

I see Ethical as a way to tap into the market. Make your business as clean as possible to attract as many people as possible.
If I feel good about what I'm doing then I feel good about helping people making money online and I feel good about earning money online.
What mindset do you have so that you can trust yourself 10 years in the future, not quitting because you hate it all?

BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU SAID!
Taking a vacation is a about relaxation, taking a brake from work and enjoying free time.
>Really? That's the only thing we do. Huh!

I'm not trying to be disrespectful because I'm seriously wondering if it is my lack of English wording skills or if you're giving me a hard time because you don't agree with me. If I want to define Affiliate Marketing how do you do it? I use 'about' to describe what it is about without including everything because that would take a very long time to describe. Note: I did not type Affiliate Marketing is bla bla bla period end of discussion. Seriously You confuse me Sir, LOL.

Last edited:
You just talk in circles. You make no sense. You are posting gibberish.

I'm out of the conversation, you are wasting my time.

Hello @AndersLarsson ,

Just to give you heads-up - In any business - "Marketing" is part of the product or service one sells or buys and it costs. (FULL STOP) The rest is only process of doing something unique, attracting etc.

If anyone want to sell TRUST, BELIVES, ETHICS, etc instead of marketing than they don't know what they are doing or they are taking the company for a FREE roller costar ride.

These are proven not today or yesterday ... it was when the word "BUSINESS and MARKETING" was coined.

BTW - Language is just a medium of communication.

Hope this helps you to align yourself.

Best wishes. and welcome to affiliatefix.

MI
Back