The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Anchor text related to Keyword...

I'd like to think so, and I think a lot of people will agree with me, but it's one of many things. If you're onsite SEO is shot, then the anchor text is the least of your problems.

You can also help yourself by using semantically related anchor text.

EG.
if you have a pet website you can use the anchor text of 'animal' pet, pets, animals, companions, (and of course individual animal names) do NOT get the links all the same and all to the same page or you will raise a flag.

If you want to know a nice trick, and it is not a trick at all, see this example:

Page title that you want to link to = Anchor text

Your title should have the highest priority in matching page content. If your anchor tag words can't match it, then what quality could that link be?

Hi can i just add, the words "around" links are just as powerful, if not more so. and far longer lasting. links vanish.

google took the power of googlebombing out last year. however, i still have a site that is top ten, No1 actually and the "keyword" has NEVER been in the site or any links to it. Not in title, <meta> nowhere at all. ever. Just by having the Keyword close to the link that pointed to the site, Same site, same word, lots of times,

eg

"keyword"

<http:link.uk>somekeyword</a>

my2 cents..

phillip

MI
Back