The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

An Important Thought for 2012 And Beyond

Joseph Ratliff

<b>5 Star Success Guru</b>
Scrap 90% of what you "could" do...and do your best 10% that much better.

Think about this deeply whenever you think the grass is greener, whenever you get one of those "shiny object" emails in your inbox, or whenever you just need to kick yourself in the a s s. :D

Have a good finish to 2011, and a GREAT 2012 people!

Scrap 90% of what you "could" do...and do your best 10% that much better.

Think about this deeply whenever you think the grass is greener, whenever you get one of those "shiny object" emails in your inbox, or whenever you just need to kick yourself in the a s s. :D

WHOA Joseph. Your advice is always SO profound. I consider myself an old pro and am probably one of THE oldest but not the proest... :p

But still when you write something like you just wrote above it REALLY makes me stop and think. I've been struggling with some issues around the best direction to go in 2012 and how to scale. I've also been getting a bit of shiney object syndrome and thinking there is something bigger and better I could/should be doing.

Your message really hit home. Maybe I should just stick to doing what I'm good at - but do more of it! Hmmm, food for thought!

Thanks for your words of wisdom and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

But still when you write something like you just wrote above it REALLY makes me stop and think. I've been struggling with some issues around the best direction to go in 2012 and how to scale. I've also been getting a bit of shiney object syndrome and thinking there is something bigger and better I could/should be doing.

Your message really hit home. Maybe I should just stick to doing what I'm good at - but do more of it! Hmmm, food for thought!

Thank you for the nice compliments Linda :)

As to this line of thinking... I try to think in terms of the 80/20 principle (which by the way, is a GREAT book by Richard Koch).

I try to think about what "20%" produces 80% of my results... but on multiple levels. In this case, I've been all over the board in the past couple years (as an affiliate, writer, thinker, consultant etc...etc...) and got overwhelmed.

So I decided to say "STOP!" and focus on the 10% I do best (consultation and writing...affiliate marketing fits in there naturally, but I digress).

Once I did that (earlier this year in fact) I tripled my time off (and doubled income). It was weird how it worked out.

So...now I think this way in ALL facets of my business, and you should too Linda... what 20% of your customers produce 80% of your revenue? What 20% of your talents produce 80% of your results?

Figure those out...and do them/serve them better...forget the rest.

Now before I get emails about "forget 80% of my customers Joe?" No... I'm not saying that...but think about this:

If 20% of your customers produce 80% of your revenue...then don't they also need 80% of your time? Don't the 80% who DON'T produce but 20% of your revenue only need 20% of your time?

Hmmm... :D

well said

So I decided to say "STOP!" and focus on the 10% I do best

that`s 100% true. this is where most im fail. with so many emails and products these days, you just don`t know where to start.

grab a pencil and write down what you can do best. then search for your options on internet to make some money.

great post, joseph
thanks
paul

Thanks for the congratulations for the coming year as it is very important to tune into the right way.
As for your tips, 10% of best is great for the best results

MI
Back