The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Ask Me Anything Almost 20 years in the AM game ... ask away :)

Matuloo

Hello guys!

Last month I held the expert week here on AffiliateFix, check it here in the archives : Gold - Affiliate Expert Week Archives.

Since the feedback I got was pretty much all positive, I decided to spend some more time here on the forum again and started an "AMA" thread.

For a quick about me, check out the intro on my blog : Who am I and why you should pay attention to what I have to say?

And in case you're wondering why I even started a blog and started publishing, here are my answer for the question : Why did you start a blog?

I spent almost 20 years in AM, so you can bet I've tried a lot of money making techniques ... from running my own sites all the way to paid traffic (both mainstream and adult) ... so whatever you want to know, ask away and I will try to give you a useful answer :)

Matej.

hello @Matuloo how are you

most PPV makes CPA as model price i know that for optimize the camping

but my ask at all what are the best offers can works well for PPV is Dating (SOI) or pinsubmit ?

what are the most working

hello @Matuloo how are you

most PPV makes CPA as model price i know that for optimize the camping

but my ask at all what are the best offers can works well for PPV is Dating (SOI) or pinsubmit ?

what are the most working

PPV or POPs can work with dating, but this traffic type is known for pretty frequent lead quality issues. PIN submits would be a better choice for sure - pair it with a simple Landing Page and the results can be good. I know a lot of affiliates is also sending mobile POP traffic to smartlinks networks or services like monetizer or YTZ.

PINs are the best choice in my opinion right now.

hi i have a question about Redirect traffic .
when i'm trying to optemize what rule do you recommend for building black/white list of Source_id,in other word when i can say this source_id should be in black/white list .

hi i have a question about Redirect traffic .
when i'm trying to optemize what rule do you recommend for building black/white list of Source_id,in other word when i can say this source_id should be in black/white list .

You need to make these decisions on several levels.

1. Run some kind of BOT test, look for unrealistically high CTR, setup a bot trap... whatever source has VERY high % of bots needs to go on the blacklist.

2. Set some rule for testing placements, most people recommend about 2x offer payout, in case you don't receive a conversion within that range, blacklist the placement as it's not performing with the current offer.

3. In case a placement is working for you, put it in a whitelist. You might want to make several whitelists for specific bid levels - in case you see different performance on various bid levels.

I personally prefer working with blacklists, cutting just the worst crap and doing everything possible to optimize the funnel more. In many cases, trying to optimize too much will kill the campaign, I think that some sources penalize affiliates who try to optimize too much as that leaves them with the lower quality traffic unsold.

You need to make these decisions on several levels.

1. Run some kind of BOT test, look for unrealistically high CTR, setup a bot trap... whatever source has VERY high % of bots needs to go on the blacklist.

2. Set some rule for testing placements, most people recommend about 2x offer payout, in case you don't receive a conversion within that range, blacklist the placement as it's not performing with the current offer.

3. In case a placement is working for you, put it in a whitelist. You might want to make several whitelists for specific bid levels - in case you see different performance on various bid levels.

I personally prefer working with blacklists, cutting just the worst crap and doing everything possible to optimize the funnel more. In many cases, trying to optimize too much will kill the campaign, I think that some sources penalize affiliates who try to optimize too much as that leaves them with the lower quality traffic unsold.

thanks a lot

What are your recommended resources (ad network, affiliate network, software) for newbie when they first get started in the game....I feel overwhelmed :(

Thanks man.

What are your recommended resources (ad network, affiliate network, software) for newbie when they first get started in the game....I feel overwhelmed :(

Thanks man.

Well, to learn the basics, it's always a good idea to start with POPs, it's the cheapest traffic type out there. You can use the most known traffic sources for this : popads, propeller, zeropark, plugrush, clickadu ...

As for the offers, you can pick either sweeps or PIN submits, PIN submits are easier to make work in my opinion. Check my blog for a more detailed info about this vertical : What are Carrier billing / PIN submit offers and how to promote them.

As for software, you only need a tracking basically, voluum is a good choice when working with PIN submit offers, since it has good carrier detection. The competitors are thrive and adsbridge for hosted alternatives or funnelflux if you want to host it yourself.

hey man, I am a complete newbie to AM. How do I start? what is the first step?

The first step is educating yourself. Learn what AM means. Learn what TRAFFIC means, what OFFERS mean. Read about how to host a Landing Page, how to track traffic. Think about what you want to do, build traffic or buy it ...

It's hard to give you any specific advice since you question was SUPER broad :)

Here is a large knowledge resource on this forum : What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)

Or check my intro article on my blog: Affiliate Marketing – What Is It Actually?

Or ask more specific questions :)

Hey Matej,

Can you suggest sources/networks for adult pin-submit vertical?
For example, trafficfactory or exoclick or juicyads? And why?

Tell us what you think of this.
Thanks.

Hey Matej,

Can you suggest sources/networks for adult pin-submit vertical?
For example, trafficfactory or exoclick or juicyads? And why?

Tell us what you think of this.
Thanks.

You need to focus on sources that allow carrier targeting. WIFI can work too in theory, but the conversions are almost always so poor, that it doesn't make sense to buy that traffic at all for PINs.

This means that for example trafficfactory or trafficjunky is out completely.

The best network for adult carrier traffic is exoclick - they have the largest volumes, best targeting and the quality of the 3G traffic is usually pretty good. The competition is high too thou.

I'm using pretty much all of them, each has some pros and cons, I can't really say that I have a favorite there. Its like this : exo has a ton of volume and great targeting options, but the quality is a hit or miss, especially with their RON. Trafficjunky has good quality, but they don't approve banners on weekends, they lack targeting options and their interface can be a nightmare at times. Trafficfactory has good traffic too, but they don't offer CPM bidding, which is actually my favorite model ... every single one of them has pros and cons, really :)

banners
Back