The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

All the networks shaves...?

AfMaster

Hey guys,
I would like to talk today about the shave on the Advertiser/Network end.

In my opinion, all of them are shaving, some of them more then others. What do you thing about that?

You don't really know for sure --that's the problem.
Not only that; so much ad network traffic is click-bot fraud and just very poor quality.

Building a shaving algorithm is not that hard and also ad networks will inaccurately count or even pad the traffic they bill you for.

I have seen different offers claims of traffic received (their stats) differ a lot on the exact same traffic source --that is a dead giveaway of either technical incompetence or outright affiliate traffic theft.

Eventually shaving is self defeating --affiliates stop sending traffic or stop buying ad traffic.

I have worked at multiple different affiliate networks, none of them shaved leads from their affiliates.
Scrubbing? Sure. Shaving? No.

However.. most offers in an affiliate network are from advertisers, they do shave sometimes. Especially sweep and dating advertisers are known to shave leads.

Which networks saves more? Can you explain it and why?
I am not the "internet police" and there is no way I could prove shaving because I don't have access to the "suspect's" server access logs and the "suspect's" merchant account statements.

So, I can only make decisions on what is expected as a reasonable result and the results on my own server logs and the KPIs (key performance indicators) I can extrapolate.

Hello AfMaster,

I have been working at Gamebassadors for nearly 3 years now and have never shaved a lead from an affiliate - even though, believe me, I have dealt with some problematic ones. I don't doubt many networks do it. You just have to find the ones that are transparent.

banners
Back